Strife: A Source TC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

poisonspider

Nov 5, 2004
Looking for 2 experienced coders for Strife, or if you are extremely talented in another area you may apply.

Strife is an online first person shooter that demands a small amount of dedication from the player, because of its complexity. The game elements themselves are simple to understand, but becoming a veteran is intended to be challenging. Features like skiing (a form of gliding on terrain) require practice, and make for fast paced gameplay. With the jetpack you can soar around the environments in a new dimension, adding new challenges and depth to the FPS genre. The arsenal in Strife consists mostly of splash based weaponry that requires you to lead your target. Vehicles such as the bomber are intended to add fun and strength to your team, but are not required to become the victor.

Strife has some similarities to other retail games, but what makes it different is the fact that it’s a mod, which allows us a lot more freedom. We don’t have to conform or be conventional to suit the general public. I have new ideas and new content that should make for some original gameplay.

Source is the perfect engine for this modification because of it numerous capabilities, capabilities such as vast terrain system, special effects, and a robust vehicle system.

I realise this is a Unreal forum, and Yes the modification is using the Half-Life 2 Engine.

If you are interested in the Tribes or Halo franchise then you may enjoy working on this mod, as it has a few similarities of each. You can contact me at spencerb@gmail.com by email or AIM: poisonspider35 or MSN: spencer@travel-net.com

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
He may have thought that coders for UT2004 would also be knowledgeable in other languages such as C++ which is a fair assumption to make. Possibly also to acquire other many talents such as graphical artists, level designers, sound & music producers. But I guess this is pretty much a 'spread' the word as far as you can type of thing.

Dark[NSF]

Northwest Secessionalist Forces
[SAS]Solid Snake said:
He may have thought that coders for UT2004 would also be knowledgeable in other languages such as C++ which is a fair assumption to make. Possibly also to acquire other many talents such as graphical artists, level designers, sound & music producers. But I guess this is pretty much a 'spread' the word as far as you can type of thing.

Folk with Unreal based mods have a hard enough time trying to find people here, hehe. :lol:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I don't wish to be a spoilsport here but Strife is the name of an old FPS game that used the Doom or Quake engine. Props for posting about an HL2 conversion on an Unreal forum ;) .