Steam Free Weekend Encore, Now With More Pre-load!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Pissed that you missed out on the FREE UT3 Weekend on Steam last weekend? The huge demand left hundreds, if not thousands, of wannabe UT3 players a little less than happy about their initial UT3 experience.

Epic is responding in force with an ENCORE to last weekend, this coming weekend. Not only that, but you can pre-load the game all this week. So why not get it started and leave it running all week? :) Then you'll be primed and ready to join us for FragBU this weekend!

See you in-game!

alex904

Feb 24, 2006
I'm pissed at steam because of slow ass download speed. My download speed from Steam was about 70KB/sec. It's just wrong.

xear0

Jan 30, 2009
freeut3.jpg

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
*glances at the idiot above this post* Wow, did you create an account just to tell us you have no life? Meh, it's better everyone else here ignores you, which shouldn't be too hard.

Maybe my response should have been: What? You wanted flamebait? Why didn'tcha say so!? *pulls out rocket launcher*

Last edited:

StreetPreacher

Mar 10, 2001
A great comeback/solution for all of those who were frustrated by the problems downloading over the weekend. But how pissed are you if you just deleted your install, only to find out you've now gotta download the whole thing again if you want another free weekend? :p

Although the correct answer is "You shoulda bought the friggin game, knucklehead!" I mean at $12...

Oh and I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard that Steam gives download and bandwidth priority to paying customers. Meaning that if you actually bought UT3, you'll get it faster than the guy next to you who's trying to d/l for the free weekend. Now say it with me - "Buy the game..."

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
A good call, thease last few days, i've read quite a few accounts of people who got download speeds so slow, they only got to play it for a few houers late Sunday evening, and that's obviously not the point of a "free weekend", the point is that players should get a couple of days to try it out, not a couple of houers due to poor download speeds.

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
Actually the servers that i and my friends were playing all day, are crowded and infested hahahaha of steam new users! :clap: NOOBS rules! \o/ EPIC is picking the right desition :2thumb: doing along with STEAM with this kind of promotions, GOOD JOB! :tup:

noob.jpg