1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spinning Manta Bug.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ethier, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Cyrsss Female Dog

Cyrsss Female Dog ..Submarine..

...Laughs quietly about the AppleMac issue.....

I think it is the collison by the StaticMeshes near your Manta.

As RedFist said:

It is probably a collison thing, just wondering if there is some common geometry or staticmeshes it's touching wich would start the spinning action.
    Once it gets going, it probably don't stop, right? mabye see if you can eyeball what makes it start spinning.

Sometimes the collisions cause a type of magneticism,(in r/l),so make sure you have those parametres off,with the StaticMeshes.

EDIT: If you don't believe me,try pushing a StaticMesh Mover through a 'RagDoll' NPC.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  2. Tresset

Tresset The Great Azure Dragon

Well, I don't care what caused it now that it is fixed.

Edit:

Much.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  3. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

Man I wish mac would go out of business,any mac user i ever talked to will allways downgrade the PC, but yet they have all the problems, they are light years behind.When quake1 came out they were still tweaking notepad or whatever they use.
    font this font that, I remember those people having a great day all because they got new fonts.

4. Tresset

Tresset The Great Azure Dragon

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!

The patch description says that they fixed it, yet it still exists. Did Epic even bother to test their patch?

5. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

heh,

get another computer, or don't use the manta heh. wish i could help ya, tough problem.

6. Cyrsss Female Dog

Cyrsss Female Dog ..Submarine..

The only good thing about Macs was the nice coloured/transparent Monitors..

7. Evil_Cope

Evil_Cope For the Win, motherfather!

Clearly, yours is another problem then.

Given that I have never previously heard of them, and from how you say Laser mice are really new, and much more accurate and so on than optical, it sounds like it is exactly what Twrecks described, only, more so. Well, except for bots doing it. that's just weird. You sure bots show this same behaviour?