UE2 - UT2kX specific damage volume....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

qbal1

Aug 14, 2008
i was going to make an assault map but im missing one key element.
im going to use the pillar gun (shock rifle that summons objects)
these have 200 health and can be shot to death.
i want to create a zone or combination of zones that players can stand in but where the objects will either be killed or not be allowed to be created.
can anyone offer some advice?

Uhmm..
The only volume I think off right now is the limitation-volume. This volume "kills" any kind of shots and it's used in front of the sky to make rockets or shock-balls disappear instead of hitting the 'invisible wall'.
But if you use this volume you won't be able to shoot anyway. I guess there is no solution without scripting a specific volume.

-

qbal1

Aug 14, 2008
so you could stand in there but if u shot a shock rifle the beam wouldn't go anywhere? if that's what happens then yeh that will work I think... well I'll test it when I get a chance. thanks :)

qbal1

Aug 14, 2008
well I set it up and its blocking translocator and like rockets and stuff but it won't block like rifles or minigun or assault rifle

qbal1

Aug 14, 2008
okay now theres just one more detail that's gotta be fixed for this to work...
instead of things exploding, they have to just like be stopped. difference between a rocket disapearing and when it hits a wall... any ideas on that?
(I know I must be getting annoying... please just try to understand :)