SP MOD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LEDx0rz

The most brilliant man that ever lived
Sep 28, 2004
Philidelphia
Just wondering, are you guys ever going to finish that sp mod u were making for ut2k3 and porting it to ut2k4. Not to be proddy, i just wanna know ;)

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
Hmm. Could someone please tell me what it is or give a link to the forum/webpage? I feel left out :lol:

LEDx0rz

Sep 28, 2004
Philidelphia
:( I was looking forward to it, maybe if they have no plans to finish it they could release the source code if they haven't already removed it so if anybody else wants to finish it, they can. Not me of course cause i have no modding skills for ut2004 ;)

Last edited:

LEDx0rz

Sep 28, 2004
Philidelphia
hmmm single player framework released, sweeeeeet, is it possible that there might be a little bit of nighthammer source code included in it, that would be nice. Anyway if it means that a bunch of sp mods are released for ut2004 than i love it, btw if anybody knows about any single player mods for ut2004 already give me their link please (because confidentially, i suck at ut2004 ;) ), theres always google but i dont like sifting through the crap :) .

Last edited:

T-1

DFGHIDFJ
Jun 9, 2004
I'd already been searching for one and I found one, but I don't think they've released anything. Something about it being on the moon and being black and white and stuff.

Last edited:

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
I've been waiting for something like this for awhile, great idea guys
I'm a hardcore UT SP mapper and player so I've got a few suggestions for the mod:
1. make vehicles usable
2. include alarm points and patrol points for the pawns
3. include triggers and special events for pawns and effects which can trigger sparks, smoke, weather effects like rain and snow etc...
4. include music change events
5. include the dispatcher which allows for timed events and outline of the events in which they're triggered
alright that's about it for now :)

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Sarevok said:
I've been waiting for something like this for awhile, great idea guys
I'm a hardcore UT SP mapper and player so I've got a few suggestions for the mod:
1. make vehicles usable
2. include alarm points and patrol points for the pawns
3. include triggers and special events for pawns and effects which can trigger sparks, smoke, weather effects like rain and snow etc...
4. include music change events
5. include the dispatcher which allows for timed events and outline of the events in which they're triggered
alright that's about it for now :)

Cool, I thought I would never find a proper SP mapper. :p

1. Sure can do.
2. I'm not sure if these are applicable given the current monster AI. I'll see what I can do though.
3. You mean a general actor spawner which is triggered? Can do as well.
4. Already in there. Works for all players and online. :)
5. I remember this. Not sure if it's in UT2004, and if it is there's probably zero chance of it working online. I'll recode it if neccessary.

Cheers!

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
yah that's what I meant for my 3rd suggestion is a triggered actor spawner
I hope you can get alarm points working, they're very useful for making pawns go to certain spots for scripted events, they also have to be triggered first so the pawns know when to go to that spot-I hope that made sense :)
dispatchers are also pretty useful for larger scripted events, maybe you can rip the code from old UT and modify it
BTW is this gonna be compatible with the pawns from the Invasion mode or include any other type of new pawns?

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
Sarevok said:
yah that's what I meant for my 3rd suggestion is a triggered actor spawner
I hope you can get alarm points working, they're very useful for making pawns go to certain spots for scripted events, they also have to be triggered first so the pawns know when to go to that spot-I hope that made sense :)
dispatchers are also pretty useful for larger scripted events, maybe you can rip the code from old UT and modify it
BTW is this gonna be compatible with the pawns from the Invasion mode or include any other type of new pawns?

OK, I've looked into it a bit.

For your dispatcher needs, check out ScriptedTrigger or ScriptedSequence (found under Keypoint - AITriggers).
You can trigger things, wait for a certain amount of time, then do more stuff. And if you want the event to be repeatable, at the end just select GoToEvent and leave it as 0.

As for alarmpoint, I'll look into it.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
Oh, and I can't be arsed to edit my post, but all the Invasion pawns are there except prefaced with SPMonster_
So don't use the originals, basically, since the new versions have the skins from Sharp Skins, and I'm also going to bring back the Skaarj Trooper, Merc, Queen, Titan, etc.. :)

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
and don't forget about bringing back the nali, they're very sacred to the Unreal SP community :)
also it would be cool if could add the Unreal2 pawns and weapons if it isn't to much work, you can also look at the code from Unreal2 for the alarm and patrol points since the engines are similar
you got me excited with this mod so good luck with it , it's actually motivated me to learn the new engine :)

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
Hmm, the AI is being a bitch. I can get the monsters to not constantly hunt for you if they haven't seen you, but I can't get them to follow set paths at all. I've tried using a scriptedtrigger and setting the monster's AIScriptTag to it, but no luck.
I'll look at other ways of doing it.

And of course I'll bring back the Nali. :p

LEDx0rz

Sep 28, 2004
Philidelphia
maybe after you get that AI under control you can remake a classic unreal weapon, it doesn't need to be all of them but 1 or 2 would be sweet, it could be a great addition to the framework, also even though this is just framework you could remake maybe your favorite map from unreal, thats kind of asking for a lot but it would be so cool

almost forgot
:D YAY FOR THE NALI :D
Are you going to take the same model from unreal or are you going to make your own?

Last edited: