Some advice please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cobra

Dec 15, 2005
Montreal, Canada
I have a 6000+ at 3G cpu. I whant it to change for a E8500 of intel, but the teck: is telling me that the 6000 at 3G is a bit faster then the E8500 of intel at 3G. Is it true, I kno nothing about those things. He toll me to keep the Amd6000+, I whould like some advice please :). And I whant to change my 6800Gt 256 Mb card for a 8800Gt 1G, will it have a very good difference that I will see when playing. I thank you in advance :)

PS: is there a cooler that I could place on the video card. If yes could you tell me whant cand, if possible a link to it. Cause I ask and he told me that he did not kno how to do that ?

Whit my QFX74 whit a 8800GTX I have the same problem, it is to hot. Even whit the 11 fans that I have in the case thanks

Last edited:

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
You can get an antec cooler that takes up an empty slot in your machine for pretty damn cheap.

I'm not really sure on all of the new 45nm processors that intel brought out (such at the E8000 series) but from what I remember they are going to draw less power an give you pretty good performance.

edit: Of course you realize that you're going to have to buy a whole new board as well, correct?

Cobra

Dec 15, 2005
Montreal, Canada
You can get an antec cooler that takes up an empty slot in your machine for pretty damn cheap.

I'm not really sure on all of the new 45nm processors that intel brought out (such at the E8000 series) but from what I remember they are going to draw less power an give you pretty good performance.

edit: Of course you realize that you're going to have to buy a whole new board as well, correct?

Thank's I will writte down the name of that cooler :)

Yes I kno if the E8500 is faster, I will need a new mobo

I hope that someone kno's about the E8500 of intel at 3G

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
get the new video card and leave the rest alone. Your processor is just fine for gaming.