So who's work'n on 3rd party weapons?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Regardless of whether the team does any direct work on the 3rd party weapons, having them look things over is a good idea. After all, all the 3rd party weapons you could ever want don't mean **** in Inf if they aren't accurately and realistically modeled. I'm not saying all you 3rd party modelers/skiners/coders can't do the job by yourself, I'm just saying there's a lot of technical info to keep track of and it helps to have a second opinion to make sure everything is atleast 99% correct.

Oh, and Jaunty, could you please make me a Steyr AUG? :lol:
If you make the model I can have it skinned, animated, and coded in a month's time! ;)

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Just one thing... the UT8Ball RocketLauncher IS already integrated as a little example in INF 2.9. You can add it to any loadout you want. But it will be ignored until you enable the UT_Weapons mutator in the mutator list.

Oh and we already planned to work on some of our models presented in our armoury that are currently not in the game yet in the near future. No details yet but maybe you folks should concentrate on weapons that are not shown in our armoury.

And the idea of letting us check your work... why not... but before you send us stuff now please make sure that the things are already in-game and only need some final touches before sending them over to take a look at. Questions can be answered at any stage of course... just don't send us tons of unfinished material to sort out for you :)

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Oh and we already planned to work on some of our models presented in our armoury that are currently not in the game yet in the near future. No details yet but maybe you folks should concentrate on weapons that are not shown in our armoury.

:glee:

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Beppo said:
And the idea of letting us check your work... why not... but before you send us stuff now please make sure that the things are already in-game and only need some final touches before sending them over to take a look at. Questions can be answered at any stage of course... just don't send us tons of unfinished material to sort out for you :)

How do you propose this be done? All the weapons now are called from the 3 INF_Adds packages, so unless we send you modified versions of those (which are Xbox huge), the only other way to go is to create new packages.

w00p

Windows at its best
Exactly...
You do know that these weapons are mutators, right?
So I guess in your mutator package there should be the weapon model, located in the same section of the actor hierarchy as the other weapons, sounds, textures, you know the load ;)

This brings me to a question.
What exactly would the mutator read?
Does there even have to be a mutator? or only the weapon in it so that the content of the package gets loaded ingame when its on the mutator list. I'm confused...
Anyway, I guess you can do some research whenever you want on the included rocketlauncher example, but I don't feel like doing work now, especially since reading and understanding UScript stops when there aren't any similarities with VisualBasic code anymore... :p

edit: I did some simple research.
INF_Mutators.int in UT/system:
Code:
Object=(Name=INF_Mutators.UTWeapons,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="INF - UTWeapons, UTWeapons can be added to your loadout.")
Object=(Name=INF_Mutators.INFm_LoadoutItemInfo_UT8Ball,Class=Class,MetaClass=INF_Core.INFc_LoadoutItemInfo)
Object=(Name=INF_Mutators.INFm_LoadoutItemInfo_Ammo_UT8Ball,Class=Class,MetaClass=INF_Core.INFc_LoadoutItemInfo)
So as this demonstrates, you need to write a mutator, located in your custom package.
The weapon and ammo classes are NOT located in INF_Adds, but in INF_Mutators.u.
This means your custom stuff should be located in your own package and not in a modded INF_Adds4 or so as Jaunty said.

And if you're wondering, yes I like sounding smart :D

Last edited:

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
jaunty said:
How do you propose this be done? All the weapons now are called from the 3 INF_Adds packages, so unless we send you modified versions of those (which are Xbox huge), the only other way to go is to create new packages.
It's theoretically possible to replace/override anything in those packages without requiring a remake of them.
I'm not sure if you can get everything OUT of those packages, though. Which will be a problem if you want to change or use those hand models.

The weapon 'mutator' looks like it basically sets bulk and other minor setup options for the weapon to allow it to be used on the server.
The rest is the weapon definition.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
That sounds great Beppo, what about the models of the competition there was some months ago ? They are not usable ? I heard from Toutin there was a great FNC model.

As for new models: FN FAL, FNC and mini-Hecate. :D

Ok ok, maybe a Dragunov would be better since there is no sniper weapon from the "other side".