So who went to Valve?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
A friend of mine sent me this link to a video that is a rebuttal to the other video about the hit boxes being off. They say the other video shows hit boxes being off because of some crazy setting that they had on during that video.

I am on the sideline here. Don't understand all of it, nor do I care to get in an argument with anyone about this stuff. I am merely sharing this info with the rest of you. And, curious about any response you might have to it.

http://www.requiemgaming.com/hitboxes.rar

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
pistos said:
A friend of mine sent me this link t....[/url]
thanks for posting it... 's OK, we won't flame you!
so i expect the hitboxes are all correct in this vid?
If the original video is a fake then that's a relief, but otherwise what they both prove together is that the hitbox position is variable, which is more true to my experience, and still a problem.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
...andrelax said:
yes! to help you waste money because on a pub server, you'll still get head-shotted by a spud gun from the other side of the map
etc etc
</rant>

prg, do you know how to show hitboxes for cs1.5???
I'm not prg, and i presume you mean 1.6 ;) but wasn't it still sv_showhitboxes 1 or 2? Such a long time ago... :eek:

Jan 13, 2005
Tampa FL
www.
well that explains it ;)

ok i must admit that i have been sucked into cs:s... there is something about sucking so bad at a game that makes you want to get better ;) i have had no problem with steam except that the friends network does not work. from my experiance the vid that prg posted seems like what is happeneing most of the time. plus the anti cheat is a bunch of bs... headshot hax really suck in cs cause you cant just respawn in a few secs... i would leave cs:s source for a good game of utxmp anyday... xmp is more fun with peps :)

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
75% of the time hitboxes are off, but there are sometimes where they're actually on. I can tell. As an XMP, UT2004, and Doom 3 player I expect my shots to hit the target when my crosshair is on them. :p Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Depends on what the server is up to. It's a check map-by-map type of thing.