So when DO people play online????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
I remember when someone claiming the servers were empty would get flamed. People would point out the magical times when the servers were full. Well I do see a few people on the MUF server playing super soldier stock INF. But what has happened to RA servers? Since I have been back from vacation, I have checked the supposed RA servers every night this week. They have been empty for the most part. The most I have seen is 6, just enough to get DTAS going. Well I'm sorry, but less than 6 is just plain boring. Currently, I have all sorts of time, and I am still addicted to the RA/DTAS/INF combo. So when is the best time to get some 8 on 8 going on within an RA server???

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
I'm not sure if it's still the case as I haven't played for nearly two months [time issue], but servers are usually crowded in the late evening [GMT time, 8-12 pm]. So... afternoon time for you North Americans.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
I play online when 2.9 is released. :p

(The odd server gets crowded maybe once a week and then I drop by for a map or two)

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Well it has been about a month and a half for me too. And back about 2 months ago, there were matches that cuold get up to about 12, so it was fun for a bit. But I guess recently things are pretty slim pickings. So in order to play INF online, I guess you would have to play on MUF.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
3 nights I have gone on the one of the RA servers and sat around waiting for people to show. I guess no one likes me. :(

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
You know, I really think we should organize some matches via the forums and/or IRC. Better chances of people turning up and thus more fun for everyone.

Ice

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
It works for FB and more games, why not? Then you get your pic of players and you can get used to their styles.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
I'm thinking of either Saturday or Sunday evening [GMT]. That should allow both Europeans and North Americans to join. So what do you think guys, what exact date/time would be cool for most people, which server is best at the moment and who is willing to participate?

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
I will participate and I will lend the PR1 server to be played on (I am sure my fellow clannies don't mind). The PR1 server has RAv2 in addition to ra286, so I could just reset it before the big game. Everyone should make sure that they know the password for the server *ahem PR *ahem, and they need to Download the custom maps, camos, and muties in use. Most of the stuff can be found in my sig. If there is something you can't find in my sig, then just ask me and I will find it for you.

Grunt11Bravo

[AFA6]
Dec 20, 2001
US-Michigan
It's hard for me to say exactly when I play. Most times it's during the week from 1500-1800 EDT.

Now that it's summer and my 8 yr old boy is out of school, my time to play will be even less. Gotta do the dad thing y'know ;)

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
If more people would do the dad thing the world would be a better place. I rather have people spending time with their families.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Grunt11Bravo said:
1500-1800 EDT.

EDT is GMT - 5 hours, right?
Anyway, any day of the week and almost any time is fine with me at the moment as I have summer holidays. Keep posting guys! :)

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
See, the problem with setting up times here, is that some people never come here. And a lot of the RA servers have passwords, or are very unstable. So that will turn a few more away. I've been going online every day this week hoping to find even just a few people playing RA. It just isn't happening. I fear RA is dead. It makes no sense. Isn't RA supposed to be somewhat like 2.9 gameplay? And yet MUF is full every night. I can't figure out how INF is supposed to be so realistic, yet the full server is the most unrealistic INF since 2.75.

I'd pick a day, but every time we try to do this, we endlessly argue over the time to play. For example, I'm busy this weekend. I'm trying to remember the name of it. It was back when INF 2.8 was offline only, and there as a mutator to play INF 2.8 maps with 2.75. Wasn't it weekly war or something? Maybe we should try that again until 2.9. And the fun part will be finding the time. It's going to have to be seperate for Europe and North America, for pings and times.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
jaymian said:
It's going to have to be seperate for Europe and North America, for pings and times.

I don't think that would be wise, considering it's already hard to find enough RAv2 players from both continents. That said, I also enjoy playing with a lot of the North Americans and I wouldn't want to miss the experience. The afternoon [NA]/evening [Europe] time is pretty good for getting both groups to participate, at least in my opinion.