Sniper: Ghost Warrior

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
A few years ago me and my friends were discussing which game we would make if we just wanted to appeal to the masses and be complete sellouts, and we all instantly agreed on a sniper oriented game just called "sniper", maybe with a badass subtext.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
A few years ago me and my friends were discussing which game we would make if we just wanted to appeal to the masses and be complete sellouts, and we all instantly agreed on a sniper oriented game just called "sniper", maybe with a badass subtext.

modern warfare offline camping simulator

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Watch as somehow it becomes an abysmal failure

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
watched a quick demo of this on Rock Paper Shotgun and was unimpressed. It looks good enough, but the sniper bullet time was lol worthy and they don't even have any bullet physics. I mean, if you're going to make an entire game based around a sniper, surely accurate ballistics would seem the logical way to go--no?

pass.

~Jason

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
watched a quick demo of this on Rock Paper Shotgun and was unimpressed. It looks good enough, but the sniper bullet time was lol worthy and they don't even have any bullet physics. I mean, if you're going to make an entire game based around a sniper, surely accurate ballistics would seem the logical way to go--no?

pass.

~Jason

that'd make it too hard for the EA gamers ;)

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
To be fair, they do have pretty indepth physics from what I've seen, but it's on a separate 'simulation' difficulty mode with bullet drop, wind, travel time, and the works. The 'normal/casual' mode just has hitscan and dead-on-reticle accuracy afaik.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
It's only going to be $30 at launch though. The developers know it's not going to be the next Call of Duty. Does look kind of funny, one of the screenshots show the player holding a generic AR15 with a huge hunting scope. lolz

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Gave the demo a whirl, and it is lame. Only one path to travel, guards will see you in the dark from 100ft away through the leaves in a bush and it is still too easy. Thanks sniper bullet time. No simulation option in demo and boring gameplay = no buy.

~Jason

Mar 6, 2004
Gave the demo a whirl, and it is lame. Only one path to travel, guards will see you in the dark from 100ft away through the leaves in a bush and it is still too easy. Thanks sniper bullet time. No simulation option in demo and boring gameplay = no buy.

~Jason

I tried it and i agree.