Small request to help keep our SANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wraithzcage

Dead but Dreaming
Jun 4, 2004
com3.runboard.com
Was just skimming over some of the topics here and got to thinking about one thing thats REALLY REALLY gotten on a lot of mine and others nerves. Its a good feature but as its a "FEATURE" it should be an option of if u want to use it or not. What im talking about is voice macros the WE NEED NRG, AT THE BASE! WE NOW OWN THIS!! macros that certain people seem to find pleasure in spamming over and over and over and over and over. To the point of u want to rip your damn hair out and stuff it in your ears to try and block it out. Ive been playing xmp since it went out of beta and i really enjoy the game but i feel as im sure alot of others do too itd be great if there was a gui option to turn off the voice macros or adjust the volume of them without losing the other sound effects which are actually important to gameplay, such as an enemy hacking something or gunfire etc. So you can have an idea of whats going on without having the piss annoyed out of u because some teenager can hit a key 5000 times in a minute. Would really like some feedback on other things along these lines. Such as more customizeable graphics and sound options like the above mentioned. Its only a suggestion but its one i think is nesecarry to make utxmp complete.

thanks for taking the time to read this,

kage

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!! WE NOW OWN THIS!!

Edit* I couldnt resist :D

Last edited:

Mort_Q

Sep 4, 2003
Edmonton, AB, Canada
I know I shouldn't let stuff like this bother me, but I always found it annoying that people would start a match with "We need energy!", as if no-one understood that.

Always had to stop to type "No ****, Sarg."

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
Mort_Q said:
I know I shouldn't let stuff like this bother me, but I always found it annoying that people would start a match with "We need energy!", as if no-one understood that.

Always had to stop to type "No ****, Sarg."

Wait, you mean people DO understand that? :eek:

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
[BBF]Mantik said:
Wait, you mean people DO understand that? :eek:

/me says "NO ****, Sarg!" as I get TK'ed by the moron that feels he needs to shotgun me for kiling his 4758696 turets that are keeping the node offline :p

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
flack ho said:
i hate shouting energy after loosing the gens which i used for l33t defence only for the n00bs to get it once auto turrets go offline :/
I agree. A gunner isn't quite so good on defense if he can't use mines. Which sucks because they're the first things to go when energy drops.

Back on topic: Your teammates can possibly spam useless crap, but they also tell you important stuff, ie "I've heavily mined this area!" (not that anyone listens to that one :rolleyes: ) and "Enemy in our base!" I also like to know when I'm about to walk into a Jugg's sights. So, getting rid of messages is a mistake, imho.

On to PRG's topic: I once tk'd a dumb@ss that kept blowing up my turrets while I was trying to stock up (I've tried Tech a few times). I'm standing on a Supply Station, couple of mg turrets in front of me, plenty of energy, and BOOM! BOOM!, no more turrets. I explain patiently ("I'm stocking up, dumb@ss!") and try again. BOOM! BOOM! So I kilt him.

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
pfft no one listens
lossing 900 points cos someone gets into the harby i mined to stop enemy arti carriers is ghey
any chance tha they loose the points for being ghey
i had one guy doing that spamming turets thing it was kinda ghey cos he maxed up turrets - energy so it was static and i had a ****ing arti
i kept blowing up the turrets with jugger her would lay more shoot at me then move the jugger :/
i eventually got the node up after 10 minuites

wraithzcage

Dead but Dreaming
Jun 4, 2004
com3.runboard.com
GotBeer? said:
Back on topic: Your teammates can possibly spam useless crap, but they also tell you important stuff, ie "I've heavily mined this area!" (not that anyone listens to that one :rolleyes: ) and "Enemy in our base!" I also like to know when I'm about to walk into a Jugg's sights. So, getting rid of messages is a mistake, imho..

You misunderstand what im saying.......i dont want want to GET RID OF THEM i just want to have the option to mute the sound effect associated with the message. I tottally agree that communication in the game is vital and should NEVER be removed. I play all the classes and i feel your pain on the mines thing lol, and youre right nobody listens to that one. Im not gonna name any names of the people im talking about that spam the voice macros over and over, for one, thatd be petty, and two theres so many that do it now its becoming like some kindve thing ASSOCIATED with xmp itself instead of individual players with no personality other than pisspoor bad. Which is a shame. Xmp is a great game with a great tight knit community and most of us know each other and are friends, its just a shame that a few people can take the most innocent thing and turn it into something perverse and downright FORKING rediculous. If i remember correctly UT has a built in voice chat feature which im sure these same idiots will try to abuse as well. So i sincerely hope that has a mute feature as well or i may look into learning to play silently or with music alone and no other sound effects. Id thought about switching the sound files associated and put a file in its place that when they say SORRY! itd play hey! im an inbred POS forktard that has sex with animals!!! but then again id get tired of hearing that too...
:lol: :rolleyes: