1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

skybox

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by brock91, Nov 11, 1999.

1. brock91

brock91 New Member

I have made a skybox and finally got one that I am happy with. I am curious as to how to make it so that when you shoot at the ceiling, your blast doesn't hit an invisible wall on the ceiling. I have looked around and can't find anything on it. I have looked at the original maps and don't notice anything different from what I am doing. It may sound cheesy but it bugs me bad. Any help is appreciated.

2. Jenkins

Jenkins America's Greatest Kitten Mitten

Well first of all, I should say it's extremely simple. Say you have a room, with a window on the ceiling and a box on top of that in which all the sides are Fakebackdrops, lets call it the "sky box". Simply place a sheet between the "sky box" and room, inside the window. Make the sheet a zone portal. Go to the classes:info:zoneinfo:cloudzoneinfo. Now, when you shoot through the window, the bullet (or whatever) disappears!! Simple, eh?!

________

Jenkins

-Or I could've just said use a CloudZoneInfo right?! =)

3. brock91

brock91 New Member

Thanks,

I am going to try it now.

4. Wanderer

Wanderer New Member

I'm curious as to what kind of effects this does to CPU usage. I remember reading that large ZonePortals can cause unwanted performance drain. Then again this is just speculation.

5. brock91

brock91 New Member

Well I tried it and it worked. I'm surprised that I haven't seen this anywhere else before. Maybe I was just looking in the wrong places. I put it in and I haven't noticed any real drain. My level isn't that big right now. I only have it set up as a skylight though. It might have some effect if it was used as an outside area.