1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skybox or not?

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by cedar, Nov 22, 1999.

1. cedar

cedar New Member

I want to make a sun roof type thing in my level - a spot where where the sky is visible through a hole in the roof. Can this be done without the use of a skybox? (If I just use a sky texture it looks like a close brush instead of a distant one.)

Thanks for any help.

2. Decker

Decker New Member

Make the box above big...treat it like you would a sky box - add a plane brush and texture it with clouds. If you aren't overly worried about the frame-count add birds and overhanging plants/trees near the orifice.

3. cedar

cedar New Member

okay, I'll try
    thanks.

4. Eliwar

Eliwar -

yeah, skyboxes always should be used because they just look a whole hell of a lot better than just one texture.

have you noticed that "hell of a" doesn't make sense in most cases that it is used. But some how it still fits. must be just one of those universal phrases.