"Skins for New Models" Section Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xada-Hgla

Outer God
Apr 11, 2004
After spending the past 10 days trying (and failing miserably) to solve this problem, I decided to come back to the source (since I originally got the idea from Skin City) Anyway, in the Skins for New Models sections (specifically, the UT2003 section), I noticed that some of the skins weren't done by the original author of the model. So, how were they done? I've been trying to export the models (which I've finally found out that I can't do, apparently... :( ), and have pretty much hit a brick wall with this.

:angst++:

(Yes, I feel like I'm about to break...)

Slaughter

exsomnis
Feb 16, 2004
Germany
slaughter.jimdo.com
You can open the model in Unrealed 3.0...

Then simply import your skin, select it and press use...
1083334456.jpg

Last edited:

Mr_Toggle

Apr 30, 2004
Help me!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Dude,

Hey, do you know how the units for the player models relate to the measurements in maya?

Thanks,
Mr. Toggle

Last edited:

Xada-Hgla

Outer God
Apr 11, 2004
TheSlaughter said:
You can open the model in Unrealed 3.0...

Then simply import your skin, select it and press use...

Woah, how did you get that level of zoom? :eek: I'm using the mouse to move the camera, but I've never have gotten it that close before...

SaD said:
The best way , in my opinion , is to contact the author of the "new model" you want to skin .Some are having SDK´s to start with skinning.

But I´m not a skinner.

All right, then I may eventually do that... At the very least, that'll let me stop trying to find answers that don't actually exist... ;)

Last edited: