Skinning questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kronos1000

aka. Sandro the Lich
Sep 5, 2005
The Netherlands
members.home.nl
I'm skinning in Paintshop pro 9, but i never finish one of my skins becouse i can't import the face into Upaint as i can do with the body is this possible?

And another thing: How do you create MachaSkaarj, Necris an Metalguard? (And yes i have wireframes for them) You can't import them in Upaint like other models.

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
Ok , I´m not a skinner , but I try to answer your first question .

To import the head , you must choose head at the top left window .

See attached pic .
I´m sure the talented skinner here can explain it way better .:D

Take a look at our tutorial-section , there are lots of good tutorials , like UPaint for Dummies .

Attachments

• UPaint.jpg
    UPaint.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 27

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Just click where it says Head/Body/Perspective to get the view you want, Kronos. Click inside the head window and then goto file-import texture and choose the head texture you've saved in PSP.

As for skinning the ECE models in uPaint you can't as far as I know so you'd have to do it all in PSP and view it in UnrealEd :)

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
:lol: SaD's quick as usual to spot these things :tup:

Maybe if you take the four Skaarj heads and put them together with your name underneath/going through them it'd be better, Kronos

Last edited:

Kronos1000

aka. Sandro the Lich
Sep 5, 2005
The Netherlands
members.home.nl
klasnic said:
:lol: SaD's quick as usual to spot these things :tup:

Maybe if you take the four Skaarj heads and put them together with your name underneath/going through them it'd be better, Kronos

All right i will do it!
Edit: Is this better?

Last edited:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
klasnic said:
Just click where it says Head/Body/Perspective to get the view you want, Kronos. Click inside the head window and then goto file-import texture and choose the head texture you've saved in PSP.

As for skinning the ECE models in uPaint you can't as far as I know so you'd have to do it all in PSP and view it in UnrealEd :)

Did that help, Kronos?