Skaarj Hybrid redone

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do you want to see the Skaarj Hybrid redone too?

• Yes! :clap:

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Don't know :shake:

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No! :mad:

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
I've completly flipped him and reassigned his joints to the Jugg skeleton, as you can see in the pic below:

Theres a shot of him ingame before and after I hit him with a rocket:lol:

Now I just need to shrink the textures to two instead of 3, increase his polycount to fix some annoying bugs, create him a custom skeleton and create some bios (Not exactly too much lol!)

Hmmm I wonder if Lopar would let me use his Skaarj Hybrid voicepack...

When I was playing ingame its surprising how easily you forget that he grunts like Gorge I suppose they do sound soft of similar in their tone.

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Thanatos, are you planning to make the other faces with this SH, and maybe skins for the green ones and the Cyber Troopers?

The latter 2 can wait, but I'd prefer to use another face than Skrilax
(btw you but an extra 'l ' in his name)

Last edited:

KnightmareAlpha

Nov 8, 2005
www.wedgeworks.info
I think he used another L in Skrillax was because there is already a model with Skrilax as his name.

The model is virtually identical to the original so it can support any of the original skins from UT99.

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
KnightmareAlpha said:
I think he used another L in Skrillax was because there is already a model with Skrilax as his name.

I belive there are some special characters that don't show up in the name, but the game can tell the difference. Those would be better. As to what they are, I'm not sure. Would some who knows please say so.

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hehe... that pack was a 100% rip :/
At least the authors in this thread are using custom content:tup:
Looking forward to this pack, great job on the custom skeleton :)

Now for the ppl that did not understand the first part of my post

0mgWTFBBQ!? L00k2 1337!!111
U are t3h Ub3r l33t m0d3l3r!!

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
I think Xan and Warboss(The other Bonus pack 4 model) have already been done, I can't remember where I found them though...

I've started work on the custom Skeleton for the Hybrid using the tusks from the Hybrid and parts of the tail from the Ut2004 Skaarj imposed on the juggurnaught frame:

Though it does needs joint assigning and skinning

Last edited:

Kronos1000

aka. Sandro the Lich
Sep 5, 2005
The Netherlands
members.home.nl
Thanatos said:
I've started work on the custom Skeleton for the Hybrid using the tusks from the Hybrid and parts of the tail from the Ut2004 Skaarj imposed on the juggurnaught frame:

Though it does needs joint assigning and skinning

Looks good! :D I think it completely fits. I love it keep it up :tup:

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
Here is a small update on the Model, I've managed to fix a pain in the ass error with the shoulders that was driving me nuts, so I decided to make some wallpaper of the fixed model which I think Kronos will like: :D

*Edit* And by the way I've made it so the model used two textures instead of 3 so Invisibility now works properly.

Last edited: