Since when is defending the flag camping?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well obviously this person is a fool. There *is* no camping in CTF. Defending can be done in any way you choose. This person has picked up a few buzz words and doesn't understand what they are talking about.

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm inhuman dammit!

Blast-Em-All

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Being a camper is phun, killing campers is phun, and being a camper and killing other campers is twice more phun!!! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
and in CTF, there is no camping it's called defending the base even if u're up top sniping and *not* even moving when your flag gets stolen /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

Claude_Ballz

Ballz-Like
Jan 17, 2000
Visit site
My Opinion: I like to take a little break from "run & gun" every once in a while and I stay at the base and camp ... defend... whatever you want to call it. I just like to pitch my tent with that Sniper Rifle .... jeez, I love that damned thing :)

bullet2.gif

Say Hello To My Little Friend!

XxBonesxX

banned
Dec 19, 1999
A grave Yard!
Visit site
A good team is one who will cover all aspects of the game to dominate!! That includes defending the flag at all cost Priority #1 #2 defend the base that means cover all openings and keep intruding enemies out! #3 Capturing enemy flag, a good teamate will give cover to the fellow teamate carrying the flag defending him at all cost!! #4 Communication, is always needed to let other teamates know of any situation that comes about .. #5 A good plan of action, is always a good way to approach attacking the enemy.. In general all teamates should rely on one another like one big family!!

bullet2.gif

Come play in my Graveyard!!!
XxBonesxX

[This message has been edited by XxBonesxX (edited 01-21-2000).]

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
CHRYSt, an anti-camping mutator already exists. Go to Controled Death and pick up the NBAntiCamper mutator.

Here's a bit from the readme:

This mutator checks all PlayerPositions, and if a Player hasn't moved out of a defineable radius in a defineable amount of time, he/she is 'detected' as a camper.
A 'C A M P E R !!!' message is send to the camper itself.
All other players receive a Camper-Warning message, including the name and the current location of the Camper!
All Bots will automatically search-and-destroy the Camper!!
Of course only the bots from diffrent teams, in teamgames...

You can setup the CampTime and CampRadius in an own configuration-window, found under the MOD-MenuItem.

bullet2.gif

Smooth like a rolo, cool like a polo. We commin' out wid da bad bwoy flow! Inside!

[This message has been edited by Zaccix (edited 01-21-2000).]

Quitch

People are such a bunch of pussies aren't they? /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Sniping is certinally fine, while you have a great LOS and can pick targets, it often means about 5 people could see you at once if they bothered to look. Also, while they have a large srea to move around, you don't.

People should open their eyes, instead of trying to introduce the "unwritten" rules of gaming.

bullet2.gif

Quitch
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
well that mutator sounds funny...but it's also silly. It sounds like it was made for a bunch of scared little children.

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm inhuman dammit!

Evil_Gal

2 time lucky
Dec 19, 1999
Room
Visit site
It all comes down to ego which most men(okay..some women). You think you're great and skilled and when you get killed one too many times by the same person, you think of some way to make it look like the person had the upper hand on you. That's where excuses like 'campers' and 'cheaters' come about. If you're good, you're good, and if you aren't, well... just practice summore. If you learn to admit your weaknesses, then you will succeed(also applicable in real life) There is no 'the best', only the ones who strive.

And now that I've bitched enough philosophy here, I say you can camp and do whatever it takes. If they get pissed off, its their fault they piss emselves off. Camp all ya want. I encourage camping(not that I do) but its just to make the game lively. If everyone were so predicable and always went on attack, the game would be bland. It's these damn snipers and campers whatevers who make the game fun. You're running around and a bullet hits the wall beside you but no one's around --ooh the suspense.

~Evil*Burrrn,baby*Gal~

TheWiggin

Nov 26, 1999
USA
Visit site
if there is some un-written rule about fragging players while they type, well hell, that creates a new tactic for LMS. Next time I play I'll just push the Talk key and hang around until the the last person gives up and quits. I only bring this up because I was playing LMS the other night and it was down to me and this other guy and I caught him typing to a spectactor and fragged him. I still lost, though. Anybody remember the Clint Eastwood line from Unforgiven. Something about he should of armed himself.

Cobra

Dec 15, 2005
Montreal, Canada
No you where not camping. Like said before, a camper is alway's at a place not mouving at all. Waiting for someone to come is way.

And again like said before it is part of the game period.
I left playing on line because many people where calling me a camper, when I whas defending. I whas alway's mouving, going for the flag, but when someone had or flag, I whas killing the FC 95% of the time.

So the frustation whas going very hight, on those people so I left, playing UT on line.

Keep what your doing to play. You have fun that way, so don't mind those frustated player's. Any way a very skill and good player, will find a way. Or will take the fact that you are stronger in defence, then him on offense

Ya a old topic

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
If we're continuing the camping thread... Well, camping is when you get a Camper Warning in UT2004 Last Man Standing. Try it out and you'll know what camping exactly is...

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Since when is defending the flag camping?

When Quake DM'ers started playing CTF mods... :lol:

All kidding aside, how come people bitch about flag defenders "camping" and no one says anything about flag whores? You know, when someone grabs the flag and spends the whole match hiding so everyone else plays Team DM instead.