Simple scale question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
I am currently using Maya 6.0

How exactly would I go about making sure that I make my weapon models an appropriate size? I am currently planning to make a few simple weapon models so as to better understand modelling and scripting. But my problem is I have no idea how big I should make the gun :p. So is there a way to maybe set a scale so that I know roughly how big my gun will be compared to the player model?

Oh yeah, this is 2k4.

Last edited:

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
Well I think if in unrealed you copy the mesh properties from another weapon then paste it to your model it should scale it down to the right position, at least that is the way it works when making a character model.

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
Well looks like I had no idea what i was talking about :p. Yeah I looked at that avatar for way too long. I love your sig, I have always loved that show