Simple PC for my father

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
My dad is not a rich man. He's recovering from cancer and resultant PTSD, and he likes to download movies off The Pirate Bay (I showed him how to use VPNs) and hang out on Facebook. His laptop broke and he's looking for something to replace it. What's the cheapest thing that will run Chrome, a torrent client, and VLC—and not piss him off with how much it sucks?

I'm looking at this:

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 3.58.49 PM.png

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Cryp, not to get too personal but I served during the first Desert Storm and also had a brutal cancer go-round. If your pop ever needs to talk to someone let me know. I've dealt with both situations rather extensively. One of the very best things to have is someone else who has been through it as someone to talk about it with. It's just really hard to understand the struggles unless you've been there.

As for the notebook, I bought one as an interim replacement for my teen daughter because she stepped on her 'good' one. It was only meant as a short term substitute but she's been using it daily now for a long time (over a year? can't remember exactly) and she's more than happy with it. No internal fan means she can bury it in her covers while she uses it. I'd buy another without a moment of hesitation as long as you understand the limitations it has.

Reactions: Jackal