*Sigh* Am I hopeless?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
get www.chrysaor.org/acambeta.zip and tell me what u think of the bots.

If ur too lazy i'll go ahead and tell u they ****ing suck. I'm sick of it. I've got 3 maps sitting my hardrive because the bots don't ****ing work. This pisses me off. I make solid maps and the bots won't ****ing use it right!

Any comments/suggestions?

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Nah, see i read lots of tutes, but none of them help really with what i'm struggling with. All the paths link well, but sometimes, one base will be more heavily pathed than the other, often times, the bots just can't figure out where the flag is, then they go hog wild on one path and just go in large groups up one of my 3 or 4 paths. *screams* oh well, take a look, maybe someone here can help.

dead clown

self-righteous ****0r
Nov 5, 2001
ireland
Visit site
you could ship the map out to someone else and have them do the pathing, i did that and it worked out great, as long as you're willing to share a co-credit for the map and can find someone willing.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Originally posted by dead clown
you could ship the map out to someone else and have them do the pathing, i did that and it worked out great, as long as you're willing to share a co-credit for the map and can find someone willing.

See that's my problem, i don't want to share credit really, because I do so all the other work myself :/

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
Originally posted by Chrysaor

See that's my problem, i don't want to share credit really, because I do so all the other work myself :/

let me take a look at it, i helped out Lord Dill with his map, and the only credits i will ask for is "Special thanks for help with the bots - StoneViper"

im downloading now

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
you need to eliminate 95% of all those lines. This is way rediculous. if you could only understand how much thinking the bots have to do, and all those reachspecs....

i guarentee if you make that all one set of lines (instead of like millions of sets) the map will flow a lot better.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Ah, but i gotta have a pit of doom. Evil blood flowing fountains, myan sacrifices, must have doom-pit!

What if i made it "shallower"

I did work with what u were saying, i keep forgetting, the less nodes the better :)

I'll give it a try and get back tomorrow.