Should sprees be reset at the end of a round?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should sprees reset after a capture?

• Total voters

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
This is something that's been reported as a bug, but I wanted to ask what everyone's opinion is.

As you well know, as you rack up the kills, you get awarded "sprees". At 5 kills, you get a voice saying "killing spree" and so on.
When you die, naturally, this is reset to zero.

Currently, at the end of a Jailbreak round (when you score a capture), your spree counter is reset.

Now Zed suggests that because you haven't actually *died*, this shouldn't happen. If he kills 3 players before a capture, then 2 afterwards, he wants that to count as a killing spree.
I'm not so sure. I think that just as weapons and powerups respawn for a new round, perhaps sprees should be reset.

What do you think?

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I don't care, I just want to play Jailbreak! :D
However if I had to choose I'd say 'don't reset'. Doing 'killing spree' in small fast maps is nearly impossible. You'd also have a chance to get bigger sprees like 'Unstoppable' if the reset was removed... :) But they are just small unimportant details... :rolleyes:
BTW: Can you get a killing spree with shield kills in the jail? I've never tried it... :lol:

Last edited:

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I say the spress should reset every round. I usually play JB offline with UTRPG and if the sprees carry over, I'll be leveling up too quickly. Another thing is that by having the sprees reset, you can tell who is hot in the round and it enables teams to be able to seek, find, and kill anyone who is picking apart their team.

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Trueblood said:
should be carried I say. If your feeling creative; how about "lockdown spree" :lol: (3 times(and onwards) on the death sequence screen)

This is a nice idea for an add-on or for Jailbreak200xc whenever that's coming (probably never). However I think sprees should reset. I wouldn't mind them carrying over on online play, but offline I do mind. There is a way to solve this. Either make it an add-on now or when Jailbreak200xc does get released.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Couldn't care that much about the adr. I like the fact I can show it off that I have a killing spree. If only the mutator telling everyone else on the server that you are on one was on every server out there :)

Sprees shouldn't be reset though, its too hard to get them at the moment, or impossible (nearly) if there are less than 5 players on a server....

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
That's also true.
But I can't change what I said anymore.
Newer mind actually I stll agree a little with my old choice,
it is the game where it is about.
At the other side, What is the positive thing of
reseting the sprees?

mrloper

Jul 11, 2003
Holland
Sprees should continiu the next round, if u frag 10 people in a row without being fraged urself u should always get a rampage.

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Actually I still don't think it matters too much.
And since it is like this now I don't know how difficult it is.
Though fixing it would be appreciated, it is up to the coders
to decide wether if they think it is worth it.
Am I wrong?

The downside of carrying sprees on to the next round is that everyone
will consider the one with the spree as a threat and all go for him.

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Going for the person with the spree is the general idea. It gives less able players a chance to stay alive and gives the good player a challenge.
I used to love being the one who would go around ending the sprees. Eventually it turned into me who was getting the sprees and you then have the constant challenge of everyone attacking you. made for some good fun.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
keep the spree over time. If one guy is owning a server, he should be able to get a Godlike. Now he can't, because he's too good and his sprees are reset after he gains a cap. If he'd not be such a good player, the opposing team would be able to release their teammates and the guy can continue his sprees. In this case, it'd be more rewarding for the godlike fragger to let a player of the opposing team release his teammates, so he can get his adrenalin for getting certain sprees...

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Jrubzjeknf said:
keep the spree over time. If one guy is owning a server, he should be able to get a Godlike. Now he can't, because he's too good and his sprees are reset after he gains a cap. If he'd not be such a good player, the opposing team would be able to release their teammates and the guy can continue his sprees. In this case, it'd be more rewarding for the godlike fragger to let a player of the opposing team release his teammates, so he can get his adrenalin for getting certain sprees...

Uh, I've gotten a Wicked Sick in one round before. Look a Godlike is possible in 1 round as well as any spree. I think since there is a possibility in getting one and it has happened to me before, sprees should reset after every round.