ShaneChurch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
ya but it's used often, so some ppl must like it. I've not used it yet, but i may in the future. I kinda think a specialized texture set is better, because you have to stick to certain architectural style.

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
I used Shanechurch for my first 2 levels.
Let me tell you something... my first 2 level are pretty ****ty. Partly due to the textures, theme, and my lack of skillz. Both levels where hell based and i thought it would be easy, instead my levels came out bland and ugly. It seems easier to make a nice looking industrial map with, tech1, tech2, playership.

I totally agree, shane church is hard to use and the results aren't as sharp or detailed looking :( I've stayed away from it in my last 3 levels.

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Bot_40
Try and make the coret textures look good - impossible :D

Im using some of them in the new level im making!!!! not all but some walls and a few lights. Mixing it up with playership :) Also using some Mine and Rainfx textures for deco.

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
Did you ever see Wheel of Time's cathedrals? They looked great, very detailed (well, most of WoT's graphics were that way). I like gothic themes, and so, I liked DM-Gothic's style in the beginning, but in the end, WoT impressed me a lot more graphics-wise.

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by TheRealFluffy
hm, no theme at all in your map?

BTW Coret textures are mosty modified player ship textures and i find it REALLY hard to stick with one texture pack for the whole level.... if you need wires you have to use the Mine wires, Decayed has the best pipe trim, etc etc etc

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Skycity is a good texture pack. I used it in DM-DMUT-Cryptic available from Nalicity [/pimpage]
I think it's not used much because of all the industrial maps about, nobody has the imagination to use a different texture set because they have no maps to copy off :\

thechief7

Playmate
Oct 27, 2001
My room
You need to use the texture packages for what they're intended for
Shanechurch is used to make......well a church, I think it would be difficult to use those textures to make a whole level
Example: