1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"SettingUpAServer" Questions

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by wrdaniel, Feb 16, 2002.

1. wrdaniel

wrdaniel New Member

Som short Questions about Setting up a Server:

1. Will the server apear immediate in the browser list (~1h) or will it take longer (~1day).

2. Can I choose a port bei myself, for ex. 22300 or need I a special Port to be listed in BrowserList

thx in advance

2. wrdaniel

wrdaniel New Member

noone knows? plz :)

3. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

I'll tell you what I *think* is the case, from what I've learned one time I lost my mind and tried to host a Rune server on my old 56k...

1) It'll show up in seconds. Just make sure you have "advertise server" checked.

2) As far as I can tell you don't really need to edit anything if you don't want to.

4. Scrumpy_Jack

Scrumpy_Jack made from apples

it takes a few seconds if you have bEnableUpLink=True in your ini file. (from memory, so check the bEnable bit)

yup, you can

have a look at the admin page for more help

http://www.theadminpage.com

5. wrdaniel

wrdaniel New Member

thx for the answers, it works.

next one :)

3) after a map vote, the server hangs. vou connect and directly after spawn you reconnect and so on

a tip for this prob?

6. Scrumpy_Jack

what OS are you using?

7. wrdaniel

wrdaniel New Member

its on a linux server

8. UTProphet

UTProphet Trial By Fire

That happened to me on my Windows XP server when I switched from Vladivostok to DasBoot by mapvote, it kept joining and rejoining Vladivostok. Anyone know why? I lost all my players cause of this lol

9. robrob

robrob New Member

10. UTProphet

UTProphet Trial By Fire

ummm thanks but those sites are for starting/maintaining servers. not troubleshooting

11. wrdaniel

wrdaniel New Member

thx. we took the .ini file from daddybone and now it seems to work. but the server often restarts ?! maybe a system problem.

12. Scrumpy_Jack

from what i remember, you get the "server restart" impression thing when your server is loading a map that it's missing files for, i.e. texture files or sound files etc
    the server isn't restarting, its just trying to reload that map, as it's all it can do. you join, but a split second later you get kicked and rejoin etc etc

your best friend on a linux machine are your logs:
    make sure you are redirecting your standard out and standard error to something you can trawl through

you also mentioned you server seemed to restart at random, can you elaborate?

Jack

13. wrdaniel

wrdaniel New Member

the server seems to restart at random. it could happen on any map and any time. maps and files are all there, so no missing files. its a rented server, but at the weekend theres noone to look for. i hope they will get it to work this week. the .ini is now OK

maybe you have seen the server online, its the GermanINFantry Server

14. Scrumpy_Jack

when the server restarts, do you mean the actual Linux machine, or the INF server software?
    if its the box itself, well its i different question. i'll help you if you want, but off the forum, and free, and while you sleep
    (don't u just love the open source community)

if its the UT/mod INF server software
    do you have access to logs?
    do you have shell access?

if you have access top logs, check to see what happends, if its a seg fault, youre screwed, unless you know have to traul through core dumps
    if you have shell access i can send you a script i wrote that starts the server again if it crashes

Jack

15. wrdaniel

wrdaniel New Member

no shell access, and i think its only the UT Server Software that restarts. The Server is up again in 5sec. and starts with the starting map. we wrote a mail to the server company and now we wait ...