"Server at Capacity" when restoring games - FIXED!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Knave

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
If you get the following when you try to restore any saved games that were saved after a certain time:

Critical Error

Server is already at capacity.

History: MatchViewportsToActors <- (Thesunspire) <- ClientInit <-
UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LoadURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <-
UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

You get the error trying to restore any games you save from this point on as well, although you can usually load older saved games.

Here is the fix. I got it from the unreal web site (www.gtgames.com, go to 'support', then 'PC games', then scroll down and pick the 'Unreal FAQ'). I had looked here before but the solution wasn't in the section I thought it should be. Oh well.

---------------
Q: I see a "Server Full", "Server is already at capacity" or "Assertion Failed" error when trying to load a saved game.
A: To fix this problem, you'll need to edit the unreal.ini file in the Unreal System folder like this:
Double click the My Computer icon on your Windows desktop.
Double click the icon for the hard drive where you installed the game files (Usually C: ).
Double click the folder where the game files are installed (usually "Unreal").
Double click the System folder.
Double click the icon for the file named Unreal.ini.
Find the section of this file labeled Engine.Gameinfo.
Find the entry for MaxPlayers.
Change the value next to MaxPlayers from 16 to 32.
Click on "File".
Click on "Save".
Exit Notepad.
Try loading your saved game again.

This error occurs if you have Reference drivers from 3dfx installed for your card. Unreal does not support these drivers. You will need to get the "Unreal Glide Driver with Multi Texture Support" patch. This patch will allow unreal to work in Glide mode with your reference driver on any Voodoo card. You can download this patch along with instructions on it's installation and use from http://www.gtisonline.com/ftppages/unrealftp2.html
---------------

...I went looking for the patch, but I have the 224 patch and the text said that the latest patches have all the latest updates to them. So I left it alone. But the modification to the .ini file stopped my problem.

-Knave