Selket Malcolm And Blaze Haroes In 1 Map!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Will She come? in ut2007?

• Yes

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

Starry Might

bFemale=True
That map might just be a promo backdrop thingy for newer "Unreal" games, so that's not neccessarily a sign that Selket will be in "Unreal Tournament 2007".

Speaking of "UC2" Nakhti, though, Sobek has GOT to be part of "UT 2007's" Nakhti squad. Why? He's a Tournament veteran according to his Bio, and let's face it, it'd be pretty silly if he was in only one game that took place AFTER "UT 2007". ;)

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Starry Might said:
Speaking of "UC2" Nakhti, though, Sobek has GOT to be part of "UT 2007's" Nakhti squad. Why? He's a Tournament veteran according to his Bio, and let's face it, it'd be pretty silly if he was in only one game that took place AFTER "UT 2007". ;)
I think you'll find Epic doesn't pay the "fluff" (backstory to the WH40k uninitiated) much attention in the UT series.
Malcolm started off as a chem killer (and without the second L, but adding that is understandable), Othello was a grieving husband rather than someone trained from childhood to be a Tournament fighter, Lauren had nothing particularly to do with Brock and had a thing for Jihan Nyn, and most bizarrely, in the UT200x bios it's declared that Brock is Lauren's highschool sweetheart despite an 11 year age gap. Then there's the whole issue about injuries and deaths in the Tournament, which is ludicrous considering the "respawning thing".

They'll bring back characters if they deem them popular/good looking enough (remember only three returned in UT2003, and around the same number popped back up in UT2004 also), not because the storyline dictates that they should.

Last edited:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
SirYawnalot said:
They'll bring back characters if they deem them popular/good looking enough (remember only three returned in UT2003, and around the same number popped back up in UT2004 also), not because the storyline dictates that they should.
Sad but true. I wish UT would stick to a story line like other genres do, it would make it more believable.
:( :tdown:

Starry Might

bFemale=True
SirYawnalot said:
I think you'll find Epic doesn't pay the "fluff" (backstory to the WH40k uninitiated) much attention in the UT series.
Malcolm started off as a chem killer (and without the second L, but adding that is understandable), Othello was a grieving husband rather than someone trained from childhood to be a Tournament fighter, Lauren had nothing particularly to do with Brock and had a thing for Jihan Nyn, and most bizarrely, in the UT200x bios it's declared that Brock is Lauren's highschool sweetheart despite an 11 year age gap. Then there's the whole issue about injuries and deaths in the Tournament, which is ludicrous considering the "respawning thing".

Yeah... :eek:

It'd still be kinda cool, though. :D

Oh, and about the "Brock is Lauren's highschool sweetheart despite an 11 year age gap" thing...in "Unreal Tournament 2003", they were both 25-years-old (and Malcolm was 30-something, for that matter...I can't quite remember his exact age in that game right at the moment). Their ages were changed in "UT 2004", but their Bios were untouched.

:eek:

:y5: OH NOES, MORE INCONSISTENCY!! :y5:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I've been wanting someone to make Selket for UT2004 for a long time now.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Vault said:
:confused:
and our current woman skins arent? :confused:

the current set barely qualifies as adequate ... I really find it odd that the majority of the 'females' are (almost) nude while playing a bloodsport like this.
The juggernauts are practically the only ones that have decent females for this type of game.
And the less is said about the 'female' androids/robots the better, but that's because they got a crappy voice ...

Just look at the average female athlete in real world sports.

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Nemephosis said:
I've been wanting someone to make Selket for UT2004 for a long time now.
Kirin made skins of Selket and Necris Selket for the Diva/Memphis model for the "Unreal Championship 2" Skinpack over at SkinCity:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=1817296&postcount=149

Alas, the pack's STILL not out yet as of this writing. :eek:

the current set barely qualifies as adequate ... I really find it odd that the majority of the 'females' are (almost) nude while playing a bloodsport like this.
The juggernauts are practically the only ones that have decent females for this type of game.
And the less is said about the 'female' androids/robots the better, but that's because they got a crappy voice ...

Just look at the average female athlete in real world sports.
Errr...the majority of the female characters that come with "UT 2004" AREN'T "(almost) nude":

SunBlade (Egyptians): Diva and Memphis
Juggernauts: All four of 'em
SuperNova (Mercenaries): All four of 'em
FireStorm (Gen Mo'Kai): All four of 'em (they're non-humanoid aliens, though, so "Sex Appeal By Human Standards" isn't exactly in their vocabulary ;))
Black Legion (Nightmares): All four of 'em
The Corrupt (Xan and Co.): All four of 'em (they're robots, they don't need clothes :lol:)
ThunderCrash (Malcolm and Co.): Azure (also Aryss if you count her Blue Team outfit and Annika if you count her Team Colors)
Hellions (Punks): Rae and Greith

Last edited:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Epic just needs to higher new model/skiner's. The current models are ok, but i've seen so many high quality custom skins that are better looking than the default ones, (and they aren't half naked). And though the alien models are unique they don't make me go "WOW!" like Marygold, Skylla, or even the robot Cych.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Starry Might said:
Kirin made skins of Selket and Necris Selket for the Diva/Memphis model for the "Unreal Championship 2" Skinpack over at SkinCity:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=1817296&postcount=149

Alas, the pack's STILL not out yet as of this writing. :eek:
Those aren't too bad but the face looks all wrong, just IMO. Would the Ophelia model have been a better choice, perhaps?

Truly of course, making a new model completely would be the best. :D

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
I think they should make the teams consist of only 4 characters (the maximum amount of characters that you can have in your team per match in single player mode), not because i don't like many characters but because I'd rather have a team of 4 "GOOD" models instead of 8 barely adequate ones. Quality>Quantity

I hope Selket is in UT2007 but she should have some sort of armour.

NO PENIS!..... now is a BAD TIME.... NO, games are for a different type of fun....SIT BACK DOWN YOUNG MAN!!!

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Starry Might said:
Errr...the majority of the female characters that come with "UT 2004" AREN'T "(almost) nude":

SunBlade (Egyptians): Diva and Memphis
Juggernauts: All four of 'em
SuperNova (Mercenaries): All four of 'em
FireStorm (Gen Mo'Kai): All four of 'em (they're non-humanoid aliens, though, so "Sex Appeal By Human Standards" isn't exactly in their vocabulary ;))
Black Legion (Nightmares): All four of 'em
The Corrupt (Xan and Co.): All four of 'em (they're robots, they don't need clothes :lol:)
ThunderCrash (Malcolm and Co.): Azure (also Aryss if you count her Blue Team outfit and Annika if you count her Team Colors)
Hellions (Punks): Rae and Greith
Compared to the kind of armour that the UT2k7 Malcolm is showing that spandex-outfit the mercs are wearing qualifies as 'nearly nude' IMHO.

And it is 'nude' as in 'not really wearing any armour that matters'.
It's not 'nude' as in 'OMG I saw a nipple/navel ...'

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Yeah, but when you know your not going to die, and be teleported back into the arena in one piece, what would be the point of wearing armor?