select a mesh using the HUD/Line of sight more than once

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

widdis

Jul 3, 2005
Please
could someone help, i need to be able to select an item using the crosshairs and have it either launch a graphic in the HUD or go to the GUI screen. The Line of sight trigger works but only once, please help...

Xragnus

Jul 6, 2005
Hi,

What Mesh do you want to select? (An ingame object-with mesh you want to select)
The best thing is the Tick Function in the player, a Detect state like this:

Function Tick(float DT)
{
local vector View;
local actor a;

View=GetAxes() // I not exactly remember ithink this is the commnad you must use
a=QuickTrace(View);
if(DetectMesh(a)){
ModifyMeshObject(A);}

super.Tick(DT);
}

Function bool DetectMesh(actor a)
{
if the mes you want you return true
if not return false
}

Function ModifyMeshObject(actor a)
{
Here you get you special functions to run if you got a Mesh Object that has valid mesh
Here you don't need to run HUD or toher functions there can be only a Highlight on the object!
}

After you get an Angle of view the you can quick trace. So you can get an actor.
The you create another Fuznction to Detect the model.
If it's ok then Go to the HUD Drawing Function and so on.

If you have questions to me:
DrakkLord@vipmail.hu