Savage Land Demo Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
The Jump Boots? Yeah there's a dead guy in the steam with a lit flare and above him there is an open vent cover you can't reach normally. That's where the Boots were supposed to be used and why everyone was confused (and why it was kinda dumb so I fixed it). I learned watching people play that Unreal people don't seem to like the Jump Boots all too much, heh.

The Daz were big cats, like feral animals. Their movement, health, and threat level is similar to the Wolf.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Well the reapers were two legged but not sure if it was name change or if they don't appear in the new firestorm at all. They were like two legged sabertooth tigers or something. Maybe the Daz evolved from that idea. I have no clue. I only playtested the original firestorm when it was meant to come out in 2006 lol.

If it was right above him then its kind of dumb I missed that vent however I think its due to all that fog and everything.

I'm happy the Demo exposed some of these issues. Watching people actually play in real time showed me, point blank, that most players don't do the things I expected them to do. Not going to the messages first, not trying to read everything they can, not using a visual cue to stop and look around immediately. Most people seemed to be looking for things to shoot first and then double back. I also noticed a lot of people looking for secrets where there were not any and ignoring where they actually were. At the very least, gave me some ideas for inventory arrangements.

As for the Reapers, I think I remember what you are talking about. I seem to recall them being rather large creatures though compared to the other wilderness types. The Daz were later then I guess, when I tested in 2008 or whatever it was.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Yea they were somewhat large. I never played the 2008 version or the 2011 version (basically the current one i believe still, with minor changes). The 2006 version was the one most similar to unreal/rtnp but also the least original i guess as a lot of the maps just felt like rehashed themes/maps apart from few.

On the other hand the modern firestorm i guess feels like some modern game experience more than regular unreal or unreal on steroids.

But yea I didn't intend to talk about firestorm here lol. I'll try to later look and reproduce the crash i talked about privately with you before, but it was related to using the blast mode of the lightbringer for sure. Maybe for quicker testing try to use allammo and keep spamming the weapon with pupaes and other stuff, maybe it will crash at some point. I'm just back from a long trip so I'm very exhausted.

Some adjustments to the Eightball have continued, including a new crosshair for loading and locking on:

SL-8BallCrosshair1.jpg

^This is unpressed, idle.

SL-8BallCrosshair2.jpg

^Fully loaded

SL8ballretanim-alt.gif

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
That looks like an interesting crosshair. But the map looks even more interesting, there seems to be some temple in the distance/background.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup: