Running System

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

asmodeus

DB addict
Mar 25, 2001
www.williamscanady.com
I see 2 ways to do this WITHOUT ADDING CONTROLS

1- Inertia

it takes some time to accelerate, and some to descelerate (not the best one)

2-
Each time you hit the shift button while pressing the forward button makes you go one speed higher... and you retain that speed until you let go of the shift button

Jog-Run-Dash-Mad Dash-Demesurate speed(just kidding)

and as to add a sneak speed... why not make it that when you pressing both back and forward at the same time you sneak?

the strafing speed needs to be reduced when running too

Bullzeye

A damn shifty character...
Jan 30, 2001
I'm lost...
Simple Solution

Those of us witha mouse wheel or third button can map that for the RUN, JOG, WALK, SNEAK control.
Those of us without: Find two keys that are close to your normal keyboard hand, or don't, I don't care!

Set it up so that run or sneak or whetever be default for FORWARD.... NOW, set two other keys for the ability to slow down, or speed up! WOW!

THEN, you simply set a certain key to run like in the normal game, because usually you don't have time to think: "hell, wheres the increase speed key!?!?" You just think: "RUN LIKE HELL!!!"

You now have your default directional keys, your run key, your increase decrease speed keys, and your other keys like crouch and prone. The increase decrease keys won't clutter up anything, nore make the gaming experience more or less of a pain in the ass. It will make it more interesting and more diverse. Therefore it will become more challenging and fun.

SoSilencer: This is a fantastic idea. Anyone who does not understand it is a moron, and anyone who thinks it is too hard (boo,hoo) then you don't have to map the keys. WHOA!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?!
You don't HAVE to map the keys. Imagine that...

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Bullzeye:

"I don't care!"

Consider that other people may not care if you don't care. The mod is for everybody. Not just you.

"and anyone who thinks it is too hard (boo,hoo) then you don't have to map the keys."

Speak for yourself. This mod isn't made just for you bub.

asmodeus

DB addict
Mar 25, 2001
www.williamscanady.com
Take it easy

>"and anyone who thinks it is too hard (boo,hoo) then >you don't have to map the keys."

>Speak for yourself. This mod isn't made just for you bub.

Obviously you take this too personnal ShakKEn...

all he wanted to say is that adjusting your speed could be an OPTION in the way that you would have a default speed (when pressing the shift key) at the start of a round, and that you could modify using 2 keys during the round (between the various levels: jog dash etc.)

Although it's not a bad idea, I do not wholy agree with that, but you could at least try to understand what he meant before bitching...

Personnaly, I like the ideas I have said earlier and no one even read (boo-hoo)... (I don't like them because they are mine but because I think they would be simple and allow for more realism... I can agree with other people too(and I often do), unlike certain people)