Running mutators in Single Player Tournament mode

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xeno426

Jan 12, 2009
I've looked around for info on this with no luck. I was wondering if it was possible to run the single player tournament mode with any mutators? I know I could just run a single player server to get mutators, but I'd like to play the tournament mode with them.

As an aside, are there any good tutorials for creating new species and giving them special qualities?

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I've looked around for info on this with no luck. I was wondering if it was possible to run the single player tournament mode with any mutators? I know I could just run a single player server to get mutators, but I'd like to play the tournament mode with them.

As an aside, are there any good tutorials for creating new species and giving them special qualities?

In Unreal tournament 2003 beta you could win mutators usage, it was simmilar use as these cards in UT3 I guess.

Xeno426

Jan 12, 2009
That's doesn't much help me in UT2004, though. I don't recall any such abilities making it to the final product, at least not the option to "earn" custom mutators. I'm holding out on buying UT3 until UT3's "UT2004" equivalent comes out. Assault is my favorite game mode.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
That's doesn't much help me in UT2004, though. I don't recall any such abilities making it to the final product, at least not the option to "earn" custom mutators. I'm holding out on buying UT3 until UT3's "UT2004" equivalent comes out. Assault is my favorite game mode.
It's unlikely Assault will be a new game mode, but we'll see.

AFAIK, it's not possible to use mutators in the SP ladder. You can use them during SP botmatches, though, of course.

cebius

Jul 9, 2010
Yes its possible

Basicly it is possible to run ANY mutators in Single Player ladder mode, but the smart arshes around the world have never done such mod, well there is one guy/gal ho made one suhc mod, that made it possible to play with UT2004RPG mutator, i was quite suprised s i tried it out, and guess waht? It worked :)

So i really also wants to ahve mutators in Single Player, especialy with the ballistic weapons.

So IF there is a poor soul with good modding abilites comes here and wants to help, PLEASE do so! I have tried to make such mod myself but it is not possible for me :(

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Dude, why? The singleplayer ladder is piece of ****. Also mega bump there.
But well it could have made the sp ladder more enjoyable if mutators could be selected even the stock ones.

cebius

Jul 9, 2010
Yup, bur i have played thee ladder quite many times since i got the game, but after a few playtimes, it is getting boring. It would be much more fun if someone made an special program that makes you select any mutator you have installed. :D

I would even pay a bit of money to get such program.

PS: It might sound stupid, but i enjoy the ladder since i have heavly modified the characters in the game and have a big use of the MP3 Player that is inbuilt in the UT2004. Plus, its your opinion on the ladder that it sucks, but i enjot it :)

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Yes, except UT2004 took it from UT2003 beta and made it really restrictive. But the teammates buying, that wasn't really in UT2003 beta I beleive, or not in this way. But in UT2004 you can lose the credit and in UT2003 beta you didn't really buy anything for it, I mean you couldn't lose credit by losing match at least. I don't like UT2004 at all though, it just is the weakest game in the series by many factors, the singleplayer tournament in it is perhaps the biggest one. And I mean "technical" quality and such...
Not to mention the overall style and gameplay doesn't appeal to me, but that could be just the "opinion" scale...

Last edited: