Romulus skin

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
:confused:

Where did you make the skin? In Upaint? Simply press "Export To Unreal" and you should be fine.

whelkgod

Feb 18, 2006
Um i did it in photoshop, now I just need to make it into those files like *.upl and *.utx i think.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
open UEdit.
create a new package and import your texture files. then save it. thats the utx-file.

Check out the upl-tut for hints in writing the upl-file

good luck and happy skinning

whelkgod

Feb 18, 2006
okay thanks, so umm this is the right way to get skins in the game?

What mesh is romulus? example, Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Kane

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I suggest you copy Romulus` values out of the xplayers.upl file and enter your values.

uhm, moment I have the upl here

*copy*

*paste*

*minorchanges*

Player=(DefaultName="YourSkinsName",Race="Mercenary",Mesh=HumanMaleA.MercMaleB,
species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=YourUTX.TextureName,FaceSkin=YourUTX.TextureName,
Portrait=YourUTX.TextureName,Text=YourTextFile.Text,Sex=Male,Menu="SP",Accuracy=-0.3,Aggressiveness=+0.25,
CombatStyle=+0.2,Tactics=+0.5,StrafingAbility=+0.7,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.FlakCannon)

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:

whelkgod

Feb 18, 2006
Thanks Maxx youve helped alot.

Well ive made the upl file and the utx file that is referenced by the upl, but the character isnt showing up.

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
can U paste your upl-text here?
Make sure all is written in "a row" with no spaces between lines (sometimes notepad does such things

whelkgod

Feb 18, 2006
Player=DefaultName="Harry",Race="Mercenary",Mesh=HumanMaleA.MercMaleB,
species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=Whelk.Body,FaceSkin=Whelk.Head,Portrait=Whelk.Portrait,Sex=Male,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.SniperRifle,Jumpiness=0.2,CombatStyle=0.1,Tactics=1,Aggressiveness=0.3,Accuracy=1,StrafingAbility=0.5,ReactionTime=1,BotUse=1,Menu="",Text="Name: Harry|Age: 21|Race: Human||Data:||Harry likes to snipe his victims from a safe distance.||")

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
There should be a utx-file called Whelk.utx with the textures called "Body" "Head" and "Portrait". Looks like UT can`t load one of the 3.

Ah wait a second, I got it

Player=(DefaultName...

;)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
small cause big effect ;)

EDIT:
That`s strange, looks like one of the textures can`t be loaded

Try to copy that text into your upl (is public tag there??):

Code:
[Public]
Player=(DefaultName="Harry",Race="Mercenary",Mesh=HumanMaleA.MercMaleB,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=Whelk.Body,FaceSkin=Whelk.Head,Portrait=Whelk.Portrait,Sex=Male, FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.SniperRifle,Jumpiness=0.2,CombatStyle=0.1,Tactics=1,Aggressiveness=0.3,Accuracy=1,StrafingAbility=0.5,ReactionTime=1,BotUse=1,Menu="",Text="Name: Harry|Age: 21|Race: Human||Data:||Harry likes to snipe his victims from a safe distance.||")

Last edited by a moderator:

whelkgod

Feb 18, 2006
What are the shaders, diffuse, opacity, specular, specularly mask, and self illumination for? Is this the cause?

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
whelkgod said:
What are the shaders, diffuse, opacity, specular, specularly mask, and self illumination for? Is this the cause?
If the settings remain unchanged they shouldn`t cause bad effects

whelkgod

Feb 18, 2006
Nope. Sorry to be a bother.

[Public]
Trying this at top of code
also i think a + is needed in front of stats

Well that at least let it be shown in the player list but the graphics werent there or the description....

Last edited: