1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Review: Shattered Oasis 2.20

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Jesco, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Jesco

Jesco New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    [ Transcript of review for Shattered Oasis 2.20 | Posted by Bean on 2004-07-02 | Score: 6.5 ]
  2. Toothless

Toothless Shattered Oasis

Aug 27, 2001
    First of all thanks for your fair review

I just want to address 2 things you stated.

You said "bots don't join you in vehicles" all you have to do is honk the horn and they come running .

also you said Switching weapons takes forever. I'll respond to this by saying bind your weapons to keys. they switch twice as fast as well there are other things as well for more experienced players to find out. (press the # keys to find out the defaults)

also a couple Notes
    you can snipe players from the seat of the Gyrocopter :D
    You can headshot with any weapon minus the grenades.
    The weapons are designed to be used in bursts.

I'd also like to disagree with your comment on the maps are too spread out
    I can reach any capture point from spawn in a vehicle before detonation goes off. So if your playing with limited number of people then it's still fun. When the server is full, which it has been now and again, this is far from being a problem and we've had a lot of freaking intense battles happen.

Anyways I would encourage you to jump in with us tonite as the dev's are taking on the public in a friday night fight.

So like I said before thanks for the review. I hope you guys get your review site up and running full steam again I've always enjoyed reading all of your crew's reviews.
  3. Bean 3:16

Bean 3:16 New Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Thank you for not burning me!

-Alright, for the bots, I honked a lot, and they just spited me. I also tried "Cover Me" to at least get them in my vicinity, but they still spited me.

-I'll try using the keys to switch weapons. But, as you know, it feels fairly natural to use your scroll wheell.

-The map comment I can't defend. That's just how I felt. Maybe I just had a few bad rounds.
  4. TsN|Byte

TsN|Byte Shattered Oasis Producer

Feb 8, 2003
    I will look into the Bots issue, because they previously worked great with riding along in vehicles, but something couldve broke them.. say a UT2k4 patch *cough*

I use mouse wheel to switch my weapons just fine, but I do use numbers at times. There is basicially the same delay just a matter of what weapons as some have different times.

Maps.. we're working on improving those all around... Size wise, there hasn't been a real gauge yet due to limits and timeframe, but we should be seeing some more thatll give us a good idea on what needs to happen or be changed