1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Review Queue

Discussion in 'Reviewer Comments' started by Ticalion, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Ticalion

Ticalion Yeah baby, I like it RAWWW!!!

Hi all,

I was wondering if you have a review queue that mappers can check the progress of their maps on?

I'm interested in finding out roughly when or if my map will be getting a review?

Thanks

Tical :D

2. AMmayhem

AMmayhem Mayhem is everywhere

The list would be long, and would also open the door for more n00b complaints. Though I can see why people would like to have one. But that's just my opinion. :hmm:

3. MassChAoS

MassChAoS echo "NaliCity";

As mayhem stated. Nope.

4. Hourences

Hourences New Member

in general, maybe we already talked about this a long time ago, but shouldnt requests from the author themself get a higher priority ? kinda logic since that would mean the guy really wants a review, while now 60 procent of the review list is filled with random people who select "random" maps, sometimes years old
    so currently the people who really want a review for their own work have less chance on getting a review like this

5. FW|morpheus

FW|morpheus Inconsistent

Right. I requested a review for my map 3 times and the request button always gets yellow again after a while. 6 months and nothing. Not even queqed.
    Nevermind me and my stupid maps.

6. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

what is map name?

7. AMmayhem

I usually try to do that, can't get all of them though, or if someone specifically requests me to do a review, I make it prioity.

8. Ticalion

I was informed that you get your map reviewed quicker if you dont specify a reviewer, so is this not the case??

9. Hourences

Hourences New Member

not at all, specifying an active reviewer could give a far quicker result, in the general que its very likely its going to get lost

10. MassChAoS

However, if you request a inactive reviewer, you're not going to get anything either.

11. FW|morpheus

FW|morpheus Inconsistent

DM-TheMoment

12. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

The Moment=Reviewed as of now

Sorry, didn't realize it had been sitting around for so long....for some reason I thought someone reviewed it already.

13. FW|morpheus

FW|morpheus Inconsistent

14. Ticalion

Well I've been waiting since the start of September for a review and it doesnt look like I 'm gonna get one here,

So is there any hope of getting my map reviewed??

Is there any way I can select it for review again and specify a reviewer??

Would anyone of the reviewers be willing to review it for me??

Thnks sorry for being a pain :2thumb:

15. ThomRed

ThomRed Fire Fly

I've had other people put my maps in the review Queue. The one map is been in their since june, it would be nice if a person could only have one map in the queue at a time to lighten the load on the queue.

16. MassChAoS

We've thought about that or limiting the author to request only his own maps. I think the latter might be the best choice. Suggestions?

17. AMmayhem

I don't know about limiting to maps only the author has made, there are probably some good maps out there that could use to be brought to our attention. But I do agree that it could help if there was some limiting. If there is going to be some limiting, don't take away reviewers ability to request reviews for ourselves.

The other thing that would help is for us reviewers to get more reviews put out, (I know I've been guilty the last couple weeks of being slow, but I got slowed by quite a bit of homework.)

18. ThomRed

ThomRed Fire Fly

It might be good to let the map owner change the person they requested to get a review from, incase the person get a inactive reviewer and switch to a active reviewer. Show active reviewer's (anyone who has done a review in the past 2 weeks or so) names in green and how many many they got to review. Then inactive reviewer's name in red. Don't know if you could do that or if would work, just a thought.

19. MassChAoS

I'm not sure if changing who reviews your map would be a good idea if they already started the review and you don't know. Reviewers will have to give an opinion on that one.

As for colors, not possible... however, I can make only active reviewers show up.

20. ThomRed

ThomRed Fire Fly

How do you get a map out of limbo, I have on of my maps I added to the Queue back in july. I have a map I just put up the firweek of this month that someone else put in to the queue and it just got reviewed.