Review: FEBA: Episode 1.68

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jesco

Jul 7, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
forums.beyondunreal.com
[ Transcript of review for FEBA: Episode 1.68 | Posted by AnarKi on 2002-12-31 | Score: 9.5 ]
Background Info
FEBA stands for Forward Edge Battle Area (this doesn't make sense to me either). Even though it has a weird name, this mod is one of the most prominent 'buy' a weapon mod I have ever seen.

This mod is kind of like role-playing, to a certain extent. In this mod, when you kill over and over again, you gain experience and will go up levels. However, when you die, the process will start all over again. The higher the level you get to, the faster lama builds up and you can produce things that are kinda like spells. When you chose a class, like in role-playing there are statistics for each class, and these statistics are show things like how fast you can build up your lama, your lama potential, and how much lama accumulates each 'lama cycle.

The player classes, in the setup, each have descriptions of what they do and what certain abilities they can obtain. When choosing a class, there is many things to look out for. For example: some classes have access to purchasing limited weapons, but when you build up your lama, the selection increases.

Formulae are those, so called spells, that you can use. Each class has certain formulae in which they can use. The better you do, the more formulae you get. I haven't even used all the formulae yet and I can tell you that some are friggn cool. One, which is called spider, lets Fades (a player class) walk on walls ala Matrix.

In the Requisition Menu, or better know as the buy menu. Each class, as I have said before, has different selections. When you buy something, it is given to you automatically. A very useful little tool in the menu is Drop Unused, which will drop unused weapons, because you need space in FEBA.

Bots!!
This mod is a great concept; if the bot spell handling AI is tweaked, it would be a much better mod to play offline. They do everything else well, (fight, buy stuff, etc.) but if they could use spells a bit better, it would bring offline gaming to a whole new level. I still recommend this file for download (19 megs) since it can offer you hours of fun with people, as well as bots.

-Matt Lewis and Peter Yu