Resident Evil 7

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
So, I've got a checkered history with Resident Evil. I was into the original games when I was a teenager, but the last several entries and spin-offs have either been action horror vehicles or mediocre affairs. A far cry from survival horror, anyway.

I had some reservations about this new one since it seemed like they were aping off P.T. like all these other soulless hallway walkers popping up have been trying to cash in on. But then I actually played it.

I've put in about 3 and a half hours so far and recorded about 30 minutes of some of it. Watch it only if you have no issues with spoiling the experience, are curious only, or have no immediate means to acquire the game. Still, watching is far from playing...especially with horror.

But I like that I'm just a regular guy and not a special forces SWAT operative. It feels like P.T. at first glance, but delves into a more Evil Dead meets Texas Chainsaw vibe. And despite the first person perspective, I definitely feel like I'm playing a Resident Evil game. Also, the character animations are fantastic!

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
When it's not too dark the graphics look awesome. Wish I had the time to play(Playing a little wasteland 2 right now and got 6 games on the backburner like Titanfall2 :( )