Request - Powerplay Mutator:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaiDZerO

Jan 24, 2004
Hello All..

First, let me explain who I am. I am about to start a UT CTF League. This is for the small community left but are very active. I am looking for someone who would be interested in creating a mod for me. The mod (as i am told) would be pretty simple to create. So, I figured I would post here to see if anyone is interested...

The Powerplay Mutator:
What I am looking for is a mutator that will asses penalties to any player that does something against the rules didctated by the mutator.

Example: When a player grabs the other teams flag and on his return he is boosted with Rockets or Shock Rifle, the flag automatically gets returned and the player that boosted him, gets a 2:00 minute penalty.

Now, there is a few things I would like to see happen. Either that player gets booted from the server for 2 minutes or the player is locked in place for 2 minutes. On everyone elses screen, they can see the powerplay time remaining to that player. Once the 2 minutes are up, the player is allowed to return to playing the game.

If that player commits a second penalty during the map, he is assesed a 4:00 minute penalty.

Here are the penalties I was hoping for:

1: FC boosting with shock or Rockets - 2:00 minutes

2: FC dropping a flag for any reason (Once the FC has the flag, her can not release it for any reason cept death or Suicide) - 2:00 minutes.

3: Portal camping with impact hammer - 5:00 minute penalty

4: Spawn camping - Anyone that has 3 consecutive kills at spawn points - 5:00 minute penalty

5: Illegal Defense - Any team that has all 5 players in a flag zone for more than 30 seconds gets a 2:00 penalty. This would give the penalty to say the point leader of that team since its a team penalty.

I dont know if this is even possible, but I figured I would post here since there seems to be alot of upper level programmers here.

Thanks in advance and hope to see that someone can help me with this!

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Interest isnt the barrier in this case. The game is. Most of us have moved on to UT2003... going back to '99 would be almost the same as re-learning uscript, because of the changes and convenience features we wouldnt have access to in the old codebase

RaiDZerO

Jan 24, 2004
Where is the Love?
Nah.. I understand. If you know anyone interested though, can you please
direct them here? Thanks for the replies people!
;)