[Released] Exion type DM-1EXN-Asbestos map: destroyable objects and HIGH FRAMERATE!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GeorgeV

Oct 9, 2003
www.niara.hu
In Exion type DM-1EXN-Asbestos map (based on original DM-Asbestos map) you can destroy many pipes, barrels, glasses, ... and you can use and destroy vehicle (with weapons). The map strongly use "Karma" physics engine for moving and colliding fragments, barrels, ...

DESTROYABLE MAP WITH HIGH FRAMERATE!

Web site: www.niara.hu/exion.html

Midnight Mick

My Cat is Black & White!
Aug 12, 2003
Visit site
Ouch!
19Mb file - 4Kb Download rate & I'm on cable!

Let's hope it's worth it?!

People will really want Screenshots aswell btw. ;)

Last edited:

GeorgeV

Oct 9, 2003
www.niara.hu
Midnight Mick said:
Ouch!
19Mb file - 4Kb Download rate & I'm on cable!

Let's hope it's worth it?!

People will really want Screenshots aswell btw. ;)

Mirror with fast international connection coming soon. Sorry for this.

Attachments

• AsbExion_1.jpg
    AsbExion_1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 69
  • AsbExion_2.jpg
    AsbExion_2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 59
  • AsbExion_3.jpg
    AsbExion_3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 80
  • AsbExion_4.jpg
    AsbExion_4.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 35
  • AsbExion_5.jpg
    AsbExion_5.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X (Omega KX 1.4523) (4523)

General protection fault!

History: KBatchFlatten <- KBatchIntersectEach <- KHandleCollisions <- KUpdateContacts <- KTickLevelKarma <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Took me awhile but I fianlly crashed it....:)

Try benchmarking your system by running excessive and other mods :)

GeorgeV

Oct 9, 2003
www.niara.hu
thewalkingman said:
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X (Omega KX 1.4523) (4523)

General protection fault!

I don't see what make the KBatchFlatten.cpp in Unreal Warfare and Karma physics engine.

Try setting the Settings/Details/Physics Detail to "Low".

This map run fine in my system: nVidia Quadro4

Midnight Mick

My Cat is Black & White!
Aug 12, 2003
Visit site
I'm gonna need to take it of my web space in a couple of hours to make room for more of my stuff (I have a 30Mb Limit), but I hope it helped you out. :)

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
This is awesome. I'm going around the map by myself just blowing sh*t up :D

I canb't see how anyone would play DM on this. Everyone would be too busy blowing everything up :lol:

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to see a remake of UT's CTF Face done in this style so you can take down the sniping towers. That would just rule.

I hope UT2K4 is going to use maps that do this!!

What the bloody hell keeps telefragging me though? I'm the only player on the map. Is it the larger rocks falling on my head? It's only pissing me off cause I don't know what it is. If it's the rocks, I'll just step back a ways :)

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeV

Oct 9, 2003
www.niara.hu
Nemephosis said:
If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to see a remake of UT's CTF Face done in this style so you can take down the sniping towers. That would just rule.

What the bloody hell keeps telefragging me though? I'm the only player on the map. Is it the larger rocks falling on my head? It's only pissing me off cause I don't know what it is. If it's the rocks, I'll just step back a ways :)

If the players use the Exion type (destroyable) maps (like DM-1EXN-Asbestos), I can convert popular static maps to dynamic, destroyable map.

The exploded objects fragments (rock, metal, glass) can destroy the enemy (and you) if the fragments hit the enemy (or you).

Try this: set Settings/Details/Physics Detail to "High". Some fragments appears in the machinerooms. Shot this fragments with "Exion type Assault Rifle" or "Exion type Assault Rifle Plus" weapon. The fragments will fly up, and fall down. Good target shooting.

If you want increase the framerate, set set Settings/Details/Physics Detail to "Low" (or "Normal").

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
please do UT's Face :D

There's already a remake floating around out there. Look for CTF-FacingWorlds303. Just takle that and modify the towers, that should do :)

taking the whole things down would be great. No more cheap sniping :)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
no not that God awful tripe.... search for CTF-FacingWorlds303. It's a remake of UT1's CTF-Face almost down perfectly. THAT one :D

Well I for one always lose to the bots on this map, I'm too busy destroying everything. Then they come along and frag me while I'm busy shooting up the walls, staircases or pipes :lol:

This is great. I've been waiting for somewthing like this for a long time. Now, we need more. :D

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
come on guys, I know more people than just I have wanted a map you can do this kind of thing in, so give your feedback dammit, or he might stop making great maps like this. And that would not be good.

GeorgeV

Oct 9, 2003
www.niara.hu
Nemephosis said:
come on guys, I know more people than just I have wanted a map you can do this kind of thing in, so give your feedback dammit, or he might stop making great maps like this. And that would not be good.

I plan that I make destroyable maps. But I don't know that I make own map (or/and with own MOD [like my Exion MOD]) or I remake the UT2003 (UT2004 if those maps not destroyable) maps.

The better way (I think) remake the original maps, because in this case I can tune up the destroyable technology.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
GeorgeV said:
I plan that I make destroyable maps. But I don't know that I make own map (or/and with own MOD [like my Exion MOD]) or I remake the UT2003 (UT2004 if those maps not destroyable) maps.

The better way (I think) remake the original maps, because in this case I can tune up the destroyable technology.

Yeah, start off by remaking the originals and then maybe come up with your own once you've got it down to an art. This is some really cool stuff! Did you submit to MSUC?

GeorgeV

Oct 9, 2003
www.niara.hu
SlayerDragon said:
Yeah, start off by remaking the originals and then maybe come up with your own once you've got it down to an art. This is some really cool stuff! Did you submit to MSUC?

Yes I submit to MSUC. But the online journals not announced this map/mod (not interesting to them). But I'm glad of players hopeful messages.