Recovering UT99 feeling

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Um.. ok.

Flak shell's got pretty crap splash damage these days, compared to UT99 anyway. If you want the effect of a close up flak kill slightly farther away, then do a ballistic shot with the flak #2 and hurt 'em bad.

Also usable to smack about their feet, put them in the air, or generally just spam.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well, the splash damage the primary fire did in UT... people complained about it right?
So, they had to eh tone it down, right?

The UT flak is a meanie :B

azcn2503, when and how long have you played UT?

JarJarBinks1234

Nov 8, 2004
Well i dont know if anyone has mentioned this, so sorry if they have.

If you have g4tv (we finally got it in mississippi of all places :lol: :D ) then you might've seen a segment they did on the Unreal games. The people they interviewed from epic mentioned that they felt, overall, that UT2k3/4 were both failures, and that their next generation of the game was going to aim more towards what the game was like when it was first released.

Overall, i think the game looks spectacular, and i personally, cant wait. I really wanna run into someone in my scorpion and blow it up in their face.

azcn2503

Apr 12, 2005
Kamikaze style! ANd I've played UT for a reasonable amount of time, but it was crasp, so not really a considerable amount. maybe err 15 hours total max play.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
JarJarBinks1234 said:
Well i dont know if anyone has mentioned this, so sorry if they have.

If you have g4tv (we finally got it in mississippi of all places :lol: :D ) then you might've seen a segment they did on the Unreal games. The people they interviewed from epic mentioned that they felt, overall, that UT2k3/4 were both failures, and that their next generation of the game was going to aim more towards what the game was like when it was first released.

Overall, i think the game looks spectacular, and i personally, cant wait. I really wanna run into someone in my scorpion and blow it up in their face.
Sits fine with me. I still fire up UT every so often - did it last night and just might do it again tonight.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
iron12 said:
UT99 is playing football in your back yard where everybody can play and the only rule is no kicking in the gonads.
Let me guess: You never played UT'99 on clan level, right? It was as you described in 99 and maybe 2000, but later you had to read through 3 pages of official and unofficial rules before a match. :mad:

iron12

Mar 28, 2005
Tetris L said:
Let me guess: You never played UT'99 on clan level, right? It was as you described in 99 and maybe 2000, but later you had to read through 3 pages of official and unofficial rules before a match. :mad:

And I bet they didn't even mention gonades :)

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Tetris L said:
True, but most of that legalese was converted to UT200x 1:1 :)