Really need to fix leaning problem.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Draco-1

I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
WAY too often, I'm killed by an invisible opponent because they're leaning around a corner. Something needs to be done.

I'm never gonna work, another day in my life
The gods told me to relax; that I'm gonna get fixed up right
No, I'm never gonna work, another day in my life
I'm way too busy powertrippin', but I'm gonna shed you some light

dunstin

Dec 4, 2000
i agree! its like the CS wall hack, hehe. you cant see ppl leaning around the corner, i admit i use it all the time... leanning that is.

again.gif

Farouk

Adept
Oct 19, 2000
Germany
I am using leaning too, but I try not to cheat with it. I won't hide completly I try to make me a smaller, less (but still) visible target and give me a fast way to get cover when it's shot in my direction.

Why are even players of this realism mod total pricks who think it's more important to win than to have a fair, funny and realistic game?

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
So do I, but they lean further out than their 3rd person model represents (letting them shoot people without giving them line of sight).

This is easily the most exploitable bug in INF, and I agree that something needs to be done.

Draco-1

I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
sorry, sketch.. this is a real bug.

here's a link to a screenshot. The person here is engaging targets across the walkway by leaning towards the door. THe player view is WAY off from the model's view.

Leaning bug

[This message was edited by Draco-1 on Mar 13, 2001 at 18:58.]

nova_x

Apr 10, 2000
clanintrepid.cjb.net
very true

i've seen this many a time unfortunately... and its so true.... this bug BEGS to be fixed... it could potentially cause a LOT of damage to the integrity of online inf games...