Rate The Last Drink You Drank

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Or I could be a real lightweight.

Bumping for great beer.

Stone Double Bastard Ale

This beer doesn't like your lack of hangover and will remedy this problem extra fast. I split a growler of this with a friend and good God is it potent. It is also delicious. Did I mention this stuff is strong? It's strong. It puts the STRONG in American Strong Ale.

Highly recommend this. Bring water. Bring food. It won't save you, but it will lessen the pain you must suffer for wonderfulness.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Continuing the bumpage of great beer.

I had the regular Arrogant Bastard Ale a couple months ago. Was great.

Anyway, right now I am enjoying a Victory Storm King Imperial Stout. I recommend this brew. If you like anything roasted, or dark chocolate, or espresso (I personally don't taste the espresso notes, as I have never had it, but from reviews espresso is a dominant flavor.), this one is for you. At 9.1% ABV, you also cannot complain. The neat thing is that this beer is bottle conditioned.

The 2nd to last beer I had was Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial India Pale Ale. 'Nuff said. This one is my current favorite beer.

I would strongly urge anyone to pick these beers up.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I've had a couple of new beers since I last posted.

Napa Smith's Porter 7/10

Sierra Nevada's Stung - Honey Rye IPA 8.5/10
I loved this beer. Went to the Sierra Nevada Brewery and had it on tap, which is the only way it comes.

Stone's Smoked Porter 8/10

I had this on tap during my Valentines dinner with my Wife. It was pretty damn good.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Not a big wine fan, but when I drink it, I go for the kill with a middle of the road bottle of Port. Anyone got any recommendations?

Syrup ...

Toilet, you just reminded me of Southern Comfort. Years ago it was OK. I left it and a couple of years back, went for it and :eek: They'd changed something in the production. All the sugar turns to ..er .. sugar. Yeh syrup.

Good lord, you just reminded me.... SoCo as well as Yukon Jack leave a viscous, honey-like substance behind in every shotglass and bottle. Throw these brands in the freezer and you can SEE the thick ooze drift around inside the bottle.

Both of these disgusting liquors are the only culprits that have ever given me a blackout. Happened out of nowhere too, each of them gave me two-day hangovers - 1 day for heaving bile, and the 2nd day the numbness in your skull wears off and you can feel the pain. The SoCo incident was a near-death experience. I suspect the heaping sugar content in each is responsible for the all-around gnarliness of the drinks. I tend to stay away from liquor in general now.

0/10 for both

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
I'll be drunk by the time I finish this post.

Another bump.

So a nice beer store near where I live has Rare Beer Tuesdays, and today's selection was Stone/Green Flash/Pizza Port Highway 78 Scotch Ale. It's a collaboration between several breweries on Highway 78, hence the name. I got a growler of this stuff, and hot damn, this is good beer. 8.8% ABV but a lot of malt to keep the alcohol from sticking out like a sore thumb. Also, I hear Scotch Ale gives baaaad hangovers. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Also, Bells--a brewery that pretty much hasn't had a bad beer yet--has released a new wheat ale, the Oberon, and I'm gonna have some of that after I recover from this Scotch stuff.

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
300px-YTea.gif

Last edited:

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Boulder Bros Co. Mojo IPA.

7.5/10

It was a decent beer. Didn't smell real hoppy, but sure tasted hoppy.

I would post a picture of it I have on my phone, but I guess it doesn't want my Droid uploading to the boards. Boo and hiss!