Random sigs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Hi.

I noticed that somme ppl have Radom sigs on this forum. They use PHP code , that's far as i know.But is there is any host like Photobucket or something that you could have this nice feature?

Thx.

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Find a host that enables php, and preferably FTP also.

Find a random image PHP scripct (google, they're everywhere) and upload all of you images and the script into the same folder. Then, place IMG tags around the url of your php script to get the images randomly showing in your signature.

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Ok dude, it's not hard (why are you PM'ing me anyways? just post here)

Register for a free account at t35.com

Upload your images folder to your account, using its browser uploader or FTP (download a client like the one here: http://smartftp.com). Link to PHP script. Done.

If you don't understand FTP, you don't have to use it. t35 has some crappy browser uploading also..works fine.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Decided to give fireslash's little script a try. Not exactly being a coder in my own right, it took me a while to figure out that I needed to create a ./sig_img directory for the images. Also the instructions on how to use in a forum says the img location is index.php when it was sig.php as default. Other then that, for someone who doesn't know any mysql stuff besides the basic creating a database, a user to access the database, and then running a query in myphp, I'm surprised I got it to work as quickly as I did. Thanks fireslash.

[EDIT]Bleh, I knew it was too good to be true. The listing of the sigs doesn't work for me. I tried both the ?action=list that your sig uses and the ?action=getlink that was in the sig.php file's directions. At least the randomness is working even if the listing doesn't. Any suggestions?[/EDIT]

Also, another forum I frequent doesn't like me using sig.php in the img brackets, and I see you have directions for that ... i.e.,

* If the forum requires the image be a certain extension, you can make the errordoc
index.php in that folder, and point to 404.jpg. ;)

but I don't really understand

Last edited:

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
There ISN'T a sig list (yet)

Its on my 'to-do' list with that script, I didn't think there would be much interest in it so I stopped development on it.

I'll allocate some time this week to clean it up and add some more features, just for you MÆST ;)

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
No worries. I just figured I must have been doing something wrong. I don't want you to have to do any extra work on it if you don't want to just for me. Thanks though.

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Peregrine said:
Trying to use this. Can't read code. Do I create a directory? Called....??
(Using my own php host).
Create a directory. Place your images in it. Place that same "random.php" file in the directory.

Stick IMG tags around the url to yuor random.php file :)

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Ok, I'm really confused on your script, fireslash.

I can't even get the SIGS to work, much less the individual links. I've created a db, user, pass, given the user all permissions on the db, and entered all of the info into your script. I've placed all my sigs in a sub dir called sig_img. It still won't work.

As for adding the links...do I replace the "signame" and "link" with whatever in your index.php file, or I ahve to use something like phpMyadmin and add the info into tables themselves? Because I have no clue how to do that :B

edit - nevermind..just realized that those are queries for the table thingers. I'll try that..and be back in a second if it doesn't work ;)

Last edited:

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
I'd give this a try myself. Perhaps a bit redundant, but unlike several scripts I've used in the past this has support for all common image types?