Rain - No Rain

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xiphon

Yours truly
Mar 1, 2005
Nowhere in particular
Dunno if this is basic or not, since I consider everything I know to be basic and everything I don't know to be advanced lol.

Anyway...

Lets say I've got a map where its raining outside right? And I've got a building or underground area, when you go there, its raining through the roof and looks horrible. I want to fix this.

Kantham taught me a nifty method in which you use a volume tagged NoRain, and have a weather actor also tagged as NoRain. This, however, isn't working for me at all...

Nomatter how many times I build, re-tag, or re-create the volume OR weather effect, this isn't working. I have a feeling there's some obvious trick I'm leaving out but I can't figure it out. Blasted obviouse tricks!

Anyway, please post this, I really want the rain in the map.

Update:
Well I'm not sure how, but i made it work, all by myself! (Well, Kantham helped some more, lol)

Anyway, thanks for the non-existent help here lol.

Last edited:

Xiphon

Yours truly
Mar 1, 2005
Nowhere in particular
No, what you do is have a weather effect tagged No Rain, (usually its the same one that determines the rain, I don't know why this is. Essentially, tag the working rain weather effect as No Rain)
And than make a volume tagged the same thing, and the rain inside the volume stops. (Sometimes you have to retype the words in the weather effect tag for it to take effect, if you just added the volume. It's best to design the whole level, and than figure out where you want it to rain, and where not to.)

FriedChicken

Jan 27, 2006
Boone,Ia
Try this: Add your wheather effect and tag it. Add a volume and tag it NoRain. In your wheather effect, go under Events->ExcludeTag. Add the tag of the volume to this list. If this doesn't work, try tagging the zone info with NoRain. One of these should work.:D