quick and dirty newb guide?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Is there a quick and dirty newb guide for XMP?

The built-in tutorial is like a lecture... booorrring. And most of the guides I find are too advanced. So maybe we should have at least a newb FAQ?

I thought I've seen a faq before but can't find it anymore :( And what good is a FAQ if the newb can't find it?

I just want to make it easier for anyone to learn XMP, especially the "xmp move" stuff ;)

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
1) Don't die.
2) Kill the other guy.
3) If you're a Ranger, you should probably do artifact runs.
4) If you're a Tech, you should probably hack stuff.
5) If you're a Gunner, you should probably defend, whether it's a buddy or the artifacts.

nb_steel

Kill Xmp I Kill ¥ØÚ!!!
Aug 23, 2005
lol

... and thats why you should stick with ut2k4 =]
1.Don't die.
2.Kill the other guy.
3.If your a ranger, you should probably have a fragfest with sniper! (people love that)
4.If your a tech, you should probably hack energy and plant as many turrets as possible! (That will really get your points up!)
5.If your a gunner, you should probably run artifacts by conc jumping the whole map. (Don't go thirdperson though, that's a HACK!)

If you go by these 5 steps you will sure fit right into the xmp community!

Have fun!

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hmm, following Dark's advice (that I'd prefer :) ), be a Ranger - not too many people play XMP you know :) But start as a Tech to hack some power plants and a spawn point.
Following Crisis advice, be a Gunner and Conc jump... But start as a Tech to get your Concs. Just that you'll be a heck of damaged after some jumping... Or fall into an abyss or something like that.