Question about the new/next UW....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
$n][pErMan said:
Baaa .. I say if you screw up your car that much you deserve to have to get out and walk :D
yes and no....on most maps thats true, but on a map like Midnight Air, your car gets beat to death. after 1 lap, yould never make a jump.:lol:

craze

Jan 27, 2005
why not make it so the mapper can specify individual %s to use for that map instead of using the defaults, so like JS said, you coulld make the jumps in MA (sorry if this posty dont make much sense, im like half awake.....)

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
craze said:
why not make it so the mapper can specify individual %s to use for that map instead of using the defaults, so like JS said, you coulld make the jumps in MA (sorry if this posty dont make much sense, im like half awake.....)

It's already like that :D. The percentages and values I mentioned are just the defaults. Mappers can control a lot of stuff now.

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
Shrimp said:
It's already like that :D. The percentages and values I mentioned are just the defaults. Mappers can control a lot of stuff now.
Can mappers also use those real-time reflections in maps?

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
bobnine said:
Can mappers also use those real-time reflections in maps?

AFAIK, not yet, although I'm still petitioning for it.

Thing is, it could be too processer intensive, although we could use a setting in the graphics options of whether to turn it on or not, and if it was off we'd use a plain old cubemap.

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Take a look at Info -> CameraTextureClient and the map DM-Insidious - check out the TV screens there.

The reflections on the vehicles in UnWheel are basically the same, except wrapped into an EvnMap material and applied to a vehicle with a dynamic camera location (players viewpoint). The same thing can be done with the CameraTextureClient and a ScriptedTexture and applied to any surface in a map. There might even be a wiki article about it (in fact I am 99% sure there is).