Question about the new/next UW....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
What are the plans for turbo??? The reason I ask is becouse on Linux I get the white screen when I use turbo. On the same system, useing windows, it works fine. Any ideas what causes the white screen, or how to fix it on my end? It happened to me on windows too, and I fixed it, but I forgot how/what setting it was.
Not really a fair race when all but 1 can use turbo.......:rolleyes:

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Sorry Jack, that isn't a question I can answer:( Shrimp hasn't been on the forum since the 28th, maybe out of town again on work. My guess is you will have to wait on him for the fix answer. To the best of my knowledge, turbo is staying.

craze

Jan 27, 2005
they changed the turbo, and took away motion blur, because that was the cause of most peoples problems.

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
I think the motion blur should stay... and if it must go ... something has to be done to balance it out otherwise turbo will be the norm.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
there is a new effect for turbo its a streching effect and shutter, there is a video avalible in the forum I think.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
I asked Shrimp about that and he said the motionblur was meant to be debilitating, therefore making it an option would mean that those who didn't want to drive with it could just turn it off.

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
i thought he said motionblur is history. too many ppl white screening. i dont find motionblur debilitating at all. i say make it an option or a mutator. ppl can choose to use it or not. looks way cool for screenshots. please dont take it away. :p

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
JamesBong said:
i thought he said motionblur is history. too many ppl white screening. i dont find motionblur debilitating at all. i say make it an option or a mutator. ppl can choose to use it or not. looks way cool for screenshots. please dont take it away. :p
I agree James

craze

Jan 27, 2005
then that would make turbo too easy, im pretty sure, hes gonna stick with the new turbo effect and force it on

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
craze said:
then that would make turbo too easy, im pretty sure, hes gonna stick with the new turbo effect and force it on
One can only hope. Also... with vehicle damage now... at least people will not be able to bounce around like pinballs and win ;)

craze

Jan 27, 2005
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! well, id hope you respwan at your last CP, otherwise that would realy suck :(

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
You don't explode from total damage, that only happens in Demolition. What happens is your speed and acceleration reduces.

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
ProjectX said:
You don't explode from total damage, that only happens in Demolition. What happens is your speed and acceleration reduces.
I think handling should reduce some too :D

craze

Jan 27, 2005
ok kewl, i just hope Demo derby is a score match not a last man standing

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
I would prefer to have the option to have both turbo effects on at once, both veiw shaking and motion blur, that would look cool.

Also, how much does damaging your vehicle slow it down?

Last edited:

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
The turbo blur is gone and isn't coming back :p.

Turbo has had a couple of other visual enhancements though, and the vibrating thing has been beefed up a bit.

According to testing, damage wasn't really doing enough to slow your vehicle, so now it scales your speed/power/accelleration eaqual to your damage - 50% damage = 50% power, 80% damage = 20% power, etc. Currently I have a cap on the min. power, at 20%. Lower than that and it's too lame.