Q about unrEd3.0

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MafiaKid

user
Apr 28, 2005
Ontario,Canada
Hello ppl, I'm new to this forum and have a question about unrED3.0

I play and map Ut99 all the time and yesterday I bought Ut2004 which has a new editor.I tried a few things but alot is different
I looked on the net for tuts but they are almost the same as Ut99 tuts

My questions:

1. Are movers just static meshes? and how can I trigger them?
2. How does the sky making thing work,I tried the stars in the s.mesh list but you can't run around or add playerstart outside a room or platform you created,does 3.0 work the same for skyboxes as unrealED2 with brushes? I wanted to make a space-map see..
3. Why don't the pawns stay where you stik em? they start a couple a secs after you start,next to you??
4. Thanks if you read this

I would really appreciate any help with unrealED3.0 and hope my questions aren't lame or annoying

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
1) Yes, you select the static mesh in the static mesh browser then click add mover button. Then they behave pretty much the same as in UT99 afaik
2) Same as UED 2 again, you need to subtract some box somewhere and add in a skybox zone info, then you can put static meshes or whatever you like inside it for added effect
3) Dunno, never found a use for adding pawns in a map :p

MafiaKid

user
Apr 28, 2005
Ontario,Canada
Thanks

Thanks Bot_40 i'll try the skybox routine as I did with unrED2.

Np,just wondered about using pawns in a Ut2004 SP but they got mind(ha,joke) of their own :rolleyes:
Yeh the s.meshes movers work great,fantastic s.meshes here in Ut2004 :D

MafiaKid

user
Apr 28, 2005
Ontario,Canada
Pawns

Angel_Mapper said:
You need to code your own pawns if you want them to stay put, otherwise they'll follow standard bot behavior.

Hi Angel_Mapper

Code the pawns.. they are coded as bots(!) ok thanks, I have to use the script program from Unreal-Site I spose but thats hard 4 me as I not program at all! I just read your weapons-changing tut about that sort a thing but it's beyond me...

Edit2: I got the pawns to stay where I left 'em on the map by scripting them from the Actor-list..I don't know if thats good but it works,lol,they follow the pathnodes and I'm happy :D ..just registered with a Nalicity mapsite so hope to u/l a SP 1 day!..(FTP???)....concentrating on CTF at the moment

Last edited: