UE1 - UT Put some really old tutorials back online!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lodev

Sep 3, 2000
Belgium
Hi,

A long time ago I made tutorials for UnrealEd. These tutorials have survived on planetunreal until somewhere last year, when they suddenly disappeared.

Now I've found a new place to put them, which is here:

http://lodev.org/unrealed/

They are for UnrealEd back in the day of Unreal 1 and Unreal Tournament 1. I hope it can still be useful for something, or at least bring back some good memories!

Regards,

-Lode

Fuzz_Ball

Aug 18, 2010
AZUSA
Good stuff, Lode.
I always like to read other views on this kind of thing.
Would you mind if I post your link at my site?

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
Lode, if you happen to have movers.zip and lighting.zip, would you mind uploading them again? The old links are dead.

And thanks for reuploading those tutorials. I learned something new today. :D

Edit: Well, I found the lighting map, but not the one for the movers. :/

Last edited:

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Don't under-estimate the value of these old tutorials! There are new people coming to the old baby all the time. UT99.org is quite busy with classic UT projects.
Updated renderers combined with Shadow's SDK, the possibilities have gone far beyond the original engine. Mmmm very shiny :D

Don't forget the UT motherlode "UT-Files"
You can FTP it all in one go.

Will be adding your page as a link on mine. Cheers for the work.
*EDIT*
I have just force-fed the page into the Web Archive site. It should now be saved for posterity.
The Planet Unreal version is still findable, but I notice the files were located at the same off-site URL :(
If you still want a free store, check the "My Opera" sites. Free, no ads, 1GB of storage, that you can organise into folders. No bandwith issue/limit.
If you want to host the zips on your own site, but bandwidth is an issue, just use Coral CDN (again a free service) http://www.coralcdn.org

Last edited: