Pure Serve or some other hack policeing software kicks me.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Neabit

Oct 10, 2004
Problem by you randomas is not UTMenu
#### ----------------------------------------------
#### PURECHECKER - CLIENT HACK DETECTED
#### - Player Name: ((ITA))SHIVA
#### - Player IP:
#### - Usage: Failed to generate a checksum
#### - Method: PureCheckerV3.u
#### - Date/Time: 10-23-2004 / 0:50:58
I dont know why you have this problem.
But is PureCheckerV3.u in your cache then rename and move it to your UT/System directory and try it again.

Deathrow

known as LifeRow
Sep 24, 2003
Seems like it's something with linux version of UT. I tried with all 4.51 version and it failed. Then I reverted back to 4.36 and still didn't work. Dled utmenu and proper pure checker, but I still got kicked by pure checker.
There's got to be a file in linux version that pure doesn't like.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
According to Neabit, Harper is able to join InfGermany on a Linux Box without a problem.

Maybe he has some idea.

In General there are 2 possible reasons for rejection :

1.) You fail to create the checksum (what happens to Liferow and randomas)

2.) Checksum is created, but detects a non conform utmenu.u file

This is definitely unaffected by 4.36 and 4.51 patch but I'm not sure wether sticking to 4.32 will reject you (which is not advised for INF anyway).

I'm sorry for the inconvenience but since purechecker did help to discover some cheaters already we rather try to get it running smoth for everybody than taking it down atm.

Harper [Jgkdo]

Feb 8, 2004
I haven't tried joining InfGermany with linux yet, just with a 4.51 windows client.
I still wait for ATI to release proper linux drivers for the new xorg to get 3D accel working ;)

But I will try to join with my 0.5 frames later today so you can figure out whether it is a general linux problem or just a configuration issue.

Deathrow

known as LifeRow
Sep 24, 2003
Anyway continue with use of pure. We'll figure out linux issues. I've also seen taht servers in RO have more anticheat mutise installed recently and that is good things to keep gameplay alive in any game.

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
Nope, tried again yesterday, then again I havn't changed anything in my setup .... I'll try emptying the cache ...

Thanks for keeping up the faith!

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
You sure it hangs and isn't just takeing a real long time ... sometimes mine stalls and caches itself. Hmmm I do remember a certain combination of setting did that for me once ,but I 'm afraid I was so quick to change them I forgot what they were.

Tried eliminateing purechecker from the cache. It was downloaded from the 121 server(YACTF) and I still get kicked.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Yes it hangs, left it for about 3 minutes. I'll re-patch 436 and just grab the OpenGL renderer from 451 (if that'll work).

EDIT: Got it working properly with 451. Still the same problem with PureChecker though, failed to generate checksum.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
I'm sorry for you Linux users.

We are currently checking out some other anti-hack stuff.

Seems it helps the Linux users but gives problems for windows 98 guys :hmm:
Be asured we' re doing our best to keep the server open for everyone not using hacks.

Any suggestions are welcome... (apart from switching it off completely ;) )

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
I've been going through some threads but haven't seen anything that looked like a solution, although it seems it's a known problem.

Thanks for keeping at it!

Deathrow

known as LifeRow
Sep 24, 2003
Seems that versions for Win, Lin and Mac are not entirely 100% compatible that makes head hurt when trying to get this working for all platforms. Ut2k4 engine is a lot better in that aspect and even comlex tools with mid-game checks work flawlessly.

And thanks for trying to solve the issues guys. Without people like you this mod would be dead ages ago.