PuF 1 vs 1 Tourney-Interest check

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Given the responses in the following thread
http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79599
I figured might as well see how many people are genuinely interested in a 1 vs 1 DM tourney.
If there is enough interest ie 16 people at least I'm willing to try and organise this thing. But I really do not wanna go around and beg people to set up servers for this and find out nobody wants to play:D
Also we have a CTF tourney going on right now so if people are interested should this wait till after the CTF tourney or does it not matter. Of course this would be a moot point if none of the participants of the tourney wanna play.
The rules setup would be standard DM
15 frags/20 mins -no belt/powerups/deemers and a map list of stock maps with the bigger ones taken out. For the tie breaker we could just force peopel to play DM on FACE muhuaaaa...ok bad idea.
Oh yes your reward would be the satisfaction of having owned all your fellow PuFs and if you're so inclined I'll be glad to send you a new PC as long as you pay for the whole damn thing and a 110% fee for labour:p
Ok balls rolling.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
I've always been a glutton for punishment... plus with my mad skills I wouldn't have to worry about it taking up too much of my limited time... :D

|pOt|fArMeRx

3rd degree CD burns
Jun 12, 2001
canada eh
http
Hey i was just about to make this thread...

i know XyMoX who hangs out in #skullface has a good dedicated 1 on 1 server... maybe we should hold him hostage until he agrees too let us use it...

p.s. ( im up for this )just find me in one of the following rockin channels
#|pot| #clanci #skullface

p.p.s ( sir questor, how do I get into your irc ? wht is the server address ? dont say 3dfx.com..... )

|pOt|fArMeRx

3rd degree CD burns
Jun 12, 2001
canada eh
http
plus i think this tourney should have some wacky, made up rules to keep it away from the OGL style, intense, not fun anymore type of games..

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Originally posted by farmerx
plus i think this tourney should have some wacky, made up rules to keep it away from the OGL style, intense, not fun anymore type of games..
I like that idea:) We could probably also try to twist CC's arm a tad..and I wa gonna ask I_AM as well. Anyway it all depends on interest. Need peeps to play.

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
sounds good.

dunno bout the rules, though.

also, to keep it different... since some interest was expressed towards that...

maybe we could play a mod, etc?

i dunno... :)

but i'm up for it!

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
I don't really care about rules but if say we get 16 people and 10 want to play standard Dm and six with funky rules...or vice versa you get the idea. All depends on interest tho.

XeneX

Volatile
Aug 21, 2000
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hey SS. I forgot you posted here, I would've mentioned you in the other thread. :)

I would be interested, but theres that issue with ping times again.

I'm Euro :p

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
I'd be up for it!

/breaks out the KY for the arse pounding I'm sure to get...:)

As for wacky rules, how about all first round matches must be played in Warcow skins?

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
you KNOW I'm up for it :) I'm also in the CTF tourney, but nothing's happened yet, so I don't think it will be a problem to do them at the same time. Lets do low gravity, turbo, Impact Hammers only!!! :D

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Yes my server would be available for use... and the only rule that I prefer is a shorter match time. 10 minute matches are much easier to handle plus you can do best 2 out of 3 in a half an hour or less.

How about a darkmatch piston fight... on a custom match with just two walkways and goo below(imagine a good old fashion jousting match)... :D