UE3 - UT3 Publishing a Map to the public

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Knightterror

Aug 9, 2012
Hi Guys,

I'm doing a project for 10th grade where I'm building a deathmatch map on UE3. Unfortunately I have no idea what I do after I've finished the map. How do I make it 'public' so others can test it and give me feedback?

Thnks in advance,
Knightterror

Apr 11, 2006
Find a place to host the file and make a thread here, on the Epic forums, and any other place you think UT players might find your map.

Knightterror

Aug 9, 2012
Thanks Wail of Suicide,

So if I post the file somewhere people will be testing the map individually but do you know if I can create a server or something so that people can actually play together online? If not that's okay.

Thanks again,
knightterror

Apr 11, 2006
You can create a server but you'll either have to host the server yourself (on your PC and home internet connection) or rent/buy a server from a hosting service.

(Alternatively: Try contacting any of the server admins for populated servers and see if they'd be willing to put your map up.)

Normally I'd say your best bet is the latter option, but I don't know what sort of populated servers still exist.