Proof that the name isn't Na Pali!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
as creativity goes, I am sure they renamed it.

as far as I am concerned the planet IS Na Pali

seeing it named Gryphon is like another chapter in the Never Before realized features of Unreal ;)

which this thread should have gone...:)

heck, in development they surely needed to give the planet a name insted of "Da Planet"

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
No we decided they changed the planet name somewhere during production or that the expansion pack was wrong like so many other things about it.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
I tend to think now its like an explorer discovering a new world and saying...

"man, this place is like Na Pali"

refering to the tropical Na Pali on earth.

I would rather think the Nali have their own name for the planet and they aint tellin us.

so it's still a mystery, as was the meant design for the game ;)

don't ja love a mystery

qwerty919

Oct 28, 2001
Rhode Island
Visit site
notice how when we refer to the planet to which we are all bound by the force of gravity, we sometimes use the words "earth" and "world" interchangably. And that is only in english, factor in all the languages, and there are tons of different names for it. is it not possible that the planet is "na pali" to some, "gryphon" to others, and to still others "the nali planet"? maybe na pali just means world in nali or something and gryphon is the name others use for the planet. but then again world haven doesnt make much sense. perhaps it is another case of istanbul/constantinople, where gryphon was the old name that imperial powers gave it before the nali name of na pali was accepted. after all, even old new york was once new amsterdam...

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
qwerty919 said:
notice how when we refer to the planet to which we are all bound by the force of gravity, we sometimes use the words "earth" and "world" interchangably. And that is only in english, factor in all the languages, and there are tons of different names for it. is it not possible that the planet is "na pali" to some, "gryphon" to others, and to still others "the nali planet"? maybe na pali just means world in nali or something and gryphon is the name others use for the planet. but then again world haven doesnt make much sense. perhaps it is another case of istanbul/constantinople, where gryphon was the old name that imperial powers gave it before the nali name of na pali was accepted. after all, even old new york was once new amsterdam...

"New" York is just York from England...like.. its a new "York"

I live near a town called "Sodus".. because someone from Sodus, New York settled hear and called it "Sodus"

:bulb:

certainly we can call it.. "The Na Pali planet"

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
good gosh who brought this back from the grave

I thought we decided it was "the nali planet" and nothing else

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Just to add my useless bit of information : Na means 'after' in dutch. Go figure if this means anything ^^ .

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Ok, the new name of the planet is:

The planet after pali.

OK? OK? EVERYBODY HAPPY NOW! I WANNA SEE HAPPY SMILING FACES!

like this: :clap: :mwink: :D :)

Better idea: Use your imagination and make up a name.
Much more fun :O)